Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 spotlighting results.............80 deer >

spotlighting results.............80 deer

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

spotlighting results.............80 deer

Old 10-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default spotlighting results.............80 deer

Well we went out spotlighting, and our area has been hit pretty hard by EHD, but we still managed to see approx. 80 deer in a 10 mile stretch. We actually travelled a 5 mile circle, so you could cut the area way down from 10 miles. USUALLY on the same trip, we might see 20-40 deer, but its cold, raining, and the deer are moving. And we did see 2 rather nice bucks after a doe.

Southern Indiana.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: spotlighting results.............80 deer

Thats a fair number of deer. Just think how many you didn't see. I don't know where you live but if your caught spotlighting deer in Illinois you'll get a ticket. Doesn't matter if you have a firearm with you or not.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here in Bama, its called harassment of the wildlife.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

I'm in Alberta and a buddy has a cabin near the BC border that I go to deer ,elk and moose hunting.This year the deer and moose had a 80% + mortality rate becuase of the severe winter[Accumlitive 9 feet snowfall] Then the woodticks finnished off most survivors.The elk were uneffected and my son shot a young 3pt bull.We used to see 125 mulies and whitetail in a large clover field,with moose and elk every night.This year 2-3 deer MAX ,that's it,wiped out..................Harold
Old 10-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

Same here spotlighting is bad and its kinda crule in a way they just sit there and freeze not what I call good sportmanship if you shoot it if your just shinin it its all good just make sure you dont get in trouble sorry i thought you shot em my bad no hard feelings?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bayou_buckslayer

Same here spotlighting is bad and its kinda crule in a way they just sit there and freeze not what I call good sportmanship

do what??? he was only spot lighting for head counts, not shooting deer. it is legal here in Florida and perfectly fine imho. it does not bother the deer here, they keep feeding and ignore the light.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Ditto nothin cruel about spotlighting. not legal in mo but i wish it were.As long as your not shooting from the spotlight or headlight. Thats a good amount of deer for your herd to have been going through blue tongue.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:22 AM

Jeeeezz, dont jump on the guy until you know the facts (not saying it was legal or not as I dont know about Illinois). In Oklahoma you can be a part of a volunteer program with the Dept of Wildlife and you can legally spot light during certain times of the year but you have to take notes for the ODW with head counts on the animals you see.

Just sayin.

KB
Old 10-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kentster911

Jeeeezz, dont jump on the guy until you know the facts (not saying it was legal or not as I dont know about Illinois). In Oklahoma you can be a part of a volunteer program with the Dept of Wildlife and you can legally spot light during certain times of the year but you have to take notes for the ODW with head counts on the animals you see.

Just sayin.

KB
I just said it's illegal in Illinois to do that. Also don't get caught swinging your vehicle sideways in the road and using your headlights. Same thing
Old 10-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spot lighting is not illegalin indianaas long asyou don't have a weapon while you are spotlighting.

Hey bristowboy 20 where in Southern indiana do you live? I'm from Southern Indiana too.

Quick Reply: spotlighting results.............80 deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.