Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Redneck vs. Outdoorsmen

Old 10-25-2007, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Redneck vs. Outdoorsmen

For Heaven's sake.It was a question that was asked - I did not see it as being an insult to southerners. Heck, even a few northerners pointed out some of the idiots up there. The idiots are everywhere.

As rchunter said "And I'm here to tell you it's not just rednecks who do bad things or city people, it's all kinds of people, people who weren't taught how to hunt and be safe..Just like people pulling up a gunat a animal, seeingfur and shoots, not knowing where he or she just shot that animal..."

I live in Virginia but am originally from New York City. Trust me - there's an idiot gene all over this country. I've lived all over this great nation and there's been "too many" idiots no matter where I've went - but on the flip side of the coin, I've also been blessed with meeting truly awesome people in every place I've lived as well - from all walks of life.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:23 AM

Rifleman, I hope you and your family doesn't drink beer at camp or at the bar and then go hunting?, also leave people's private property alone, I have let some nice bucks go because it was on private property....You need to obey the law...other wise your giving your self a bad name...And if someone wants to pay thousands of dollars to go on an Elk hunt in Colorado more power to them, because you know what Elk aren't around new york where I live....Not unless you want to hunt them insisde a fence, not my cup of tea....
Old 10-25-2007, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let'd do all of our community a favor: If you hunt, let's not call ourselves anything but "hunter". We try to make distinctions though: "bow" hunter, "subsistence" hunter, "trophy" hunter. Exactly what do those names serve?

What is "hunting"? Learning a quarry's habits, reading sign and tracking, going out into the woods and beating the quarry at its own game and on its own turf. Walking, sitting, waiting, watching, listening. Caringfor game after the kill, butchering, preparing meals. All those make up about 95% of the hunt. The shot makes up much less.

But then, look at how much time we spend here on this forum talking about "the shot" and the tools to make "the shot"? When was the last time you saw a post about game recipes? As hunters, isn't that an important part of the hunt, too? In comparison, how many "trophy" shots are posted here? We've all dreamed of a big buck, and there's nothing wrong with being proud of one you've taken, but they'll all look pretty much the same on the dinner table.

Just my opinion, but here's how I look at it: There are hunters, and there are non-hunters with guns. Go out to the woods and look for signs of the "hunter" - you might find boot tracks, maybe you'll stumble upon them if you trail them. The "non-hunters with guns" you'll find signs of everywhere - beer cans and McDonald's trash in the ditches, bullet-riddled road signs, four-wheeler tracks on other than approved trails, you'll hear them before you actually see them, clogging up the access road as they crane their necks out the windows looking for game, on and on and on....

Non-hunters with guns only soil the reputations and images of those of us who actually DO hunt.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: homers brother
Let'd do all of our community a favor: If you hunt, let's not call ourselves anything but "hunter".
Amen!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:39 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman

I am more proud of a little nubby buck that I shot out the window of my truck than you are of a 160 class buck that you paid several thousand dollars to shoot on some private preserve.
HUH???? []
Old 10-25-2007, 12:07 PM

Way to go homers brother, that was well put..You should see what some people do in oregon, they take all their household garbage out into the woods and dump it, the funny thing is 9 out of 10 people who do this forget to take out personal mail, so they get caught ...I hate seeing it in the woods wether it has been in the woods for 1 day or 100 days...I think a person who finds this garbage and finds a name and address, should be able to by law take it to these peoples house and dump it in their yard, inside their car or even in their bedroom...Remeber it only takes a handful of bad people to ruin it for all hunters and sportsmen alike...
Old 10-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rifleman
Posted Land is posted land! It don't matter if it has a fence or not. If it is not public land and if you didn't have to walk 3 miles to get there - then you didn't earn it. All you did was make a nice shot!
Are you serious? Not all posted land is a hunting preserve. The land I hunt is posted - to keep the idiots out since it's private property that I'm blessed to be able to hunt.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remeber it only takes a handful of bad people to ruin it for all hunters and sportsmen alike...
I agree with this, but when it comes to hunters there are MORE than just a handful who are up to no good. Sorry to have to say this, but it's true. These creeps can originate from the cities or the rural areas. When you compare hunters to other outdoor enthusiasts such as hikers, skiers, bikers, etc. the hunters are by far the worst of all. It's not like many of the others ever get arrested for the variety of stuff hunters have been taken in for. I don't know if it's the drinking or because they think they could do whatever they want just because they carry weapons, but hunting has a knack for attracting these low lifes. Hunters acting like total idiots is not just a stereotype, this I can assure anyone of!!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:29 PM

what the heck.... shooting a button out of my window and shooting animals on posted land? have you lost you mind? dude, If I caught someone shooting deer off myposted land that I worked my a$$ offto buy wedhave abig issue. Now yes I have land and its posted, however, if you want to hunt it, ask and you shall recieve, as long as your ethical and dont tread on me. I dont mind people on it, but I like to know who is on my land....If I dont know youexpect to walk around the property together and I will ask some questions....
Old 10-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Jeff Foxworthy's definition of a "redneck" is a complete lack of sofistocation, it can full-time or part-time. So it doesn't matter if you're from the north, south, east, or west"rednecks" are everywhere. As far as the question at hand some of the best sportsmen I know are "rednecks". So you can be as much of a REDNECK or as sofisticated as you would like. It all boils down tous as hunters to respect our sport of hunting by enjoying the precious time we have outdoors.

Quick Reply: Redneck vs. Outdoorsmen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.