Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Well, this encounter was weird. >

Well, this encounter was weird.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well, this encounter was weird.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well, this encounter was weird.

Display the deer however you see fit.I am not going to cater to any non hunting or peta member because they don't like it.[&:]

THIS IS AMERICA and I have freedoms,if they don't like it then don't look.This do gooder stuff and appeasers are almost comical.

When youstart hiding your kill,you are playing into their hands.They are making it taboo to be a hunter and we are allowing it to happen with this crap.Be proud of your harvest and your contribution to the community.

my 2 cents
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Beezer

ORIGINAL: dhunterinla

After getting back to my camp, I put my atv with the deer strapped to it in the back of my truck, and left for home, which is about a 50 mile drive.
If I load my Rancher in the back of my Quad Cab Dakota it's riding on the open tailgate. I wouldn't have anywhere to put the deer in the bed either. He can ride the seat, ride the rack or be stuffed underneath, but he's not riding in the cab. I don't know what kind of truck or what kind of ATV, but in some cases there's no choice. I don't think there was any intent to "parade" a dead deer around for the public to see. Just a guy getting his deer home the best way he knew how to.

Depending on my mood, I'd have stopped and explained to the woman.......

Good mood- "This is the only way I have to transport it miss, I apologize if my legal harvest of an animal offends you."

Bad mood- "Here miss, allow me to hold it's head up so you can get a good clear photo....by the way, can you send me a copy of it?"

That was the only way I had to transport the deer. I wasn't trying show off my deer, I have more respect for the animal than that. I have a Ram 1500 and it's not an extended cab. My atv and the ramp takes up the entire cargo space and I have no room other than what was on the atv. I know that with all the anti hunter sentiment out there, I certainly wouldn't have done anything intentionally to give one more ammo against us.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:20 PM

I WOULD LOVE TO PROUDLY POSE FOR A PICTURE FOR PETA AND OTHER NON-HUNTER SITES.
I WOULD LIKE A GOOD PICTURE THOUGH... BIG BUCK, BIG SMILE !!
MAYBE EVEN SOME LEFT OVER DRY BLOOD ON MY ARMS !!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:22 PM

EVEN GIVING THEM MORE AMMO AGAINST US.. WILL DO THEM NO GOOD.
I WOULDNT MIND DRIVING THROUGH A WHOLE ANTI-HUNTER RALLY WITH A DEAD DEER IN THE TRUCK.

But, Maybe i am speaking this way because I LIVE IN TEXAS and I have no fear of EVER having any real problem with anti-Hunters and such.
Perhaps in other states its a little more touchy. But thats a reason why I STAY IN TEXAS
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 PM

Twice this happend...
Pulled over by a police officer for speeding.
1 of the times, i was doing 74 in a 55. (dont ask me why)

1 of those times i had a Dead Hog in the back, another time... it was just a bunch of Dried Blood in the back of the truck.
TWICE this sparked a Friendly conversation about hunting.. (as we do here on the post)
where do you hunt? see anything good? are they in the rutt now? alot of hogs out that way?
and twice, i left without a ticket and without even a warning !!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know about your laws on transporting game but, here in Maine it has to be in clear veiw and not covered. Up here covered = poached. Congrats on your critter(s)
Old 10-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Hey all,

Went out for the start of muzzle loader season this past saturday morning here in northeast Louisiana. I got into my tripod at 5:30am, and at 8:00am, a medium sized doe walks out and I put her down. After I tracked her down, gave thanks toGod forher, I headed back to camp.After getting back to my camp, I put my atv with the deer strapped to it in the back of my truck, and left for home, which is about a 50 mile drive. Now, in the area I'm driving through, dead deer on vehicles or trailers is a common sight. While driving, I noticed this woman pull up behind me, lean forward in her car, narrow her eyes and start staring at my deer. After a few seconds of staring, she yanks out a cell phone and starts talking and still staring at my deer. So, I slowed down a bit, just to see if she would pass me, but she never did. She stays with me the entire time. When I get within 10 miles of home, I glance in my rear view mirror, and she's got a camera out taking pictures?!? I mean she's got it balanced on the steering wheel while right on my tail, snapping pictures. I can see it now, I'm gonna end up on a friggin peta website.
You know you could have used your cell phone, and
called the cops and told them you were being followed by some one that is harrassing you.
And have them pull over the person.
After all you have a right to be left alone.

JMHO
Old 10-27-2007, 03:14 PM

well... was she following very close behind you while taking pictures?
when they have a nice, newer model car, and looks like they got insurance..... i always love the ol "slam on the brakes" routine, its the best !!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last Thursday evening as I was driving home, I saw a moped coming the other way down a street near where I live. As I got close, I saw he had a dead doe laying across the seat in front of him! I found it amusing - I wonder how the idiot behind you would have taken it?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt, and I don't always wanna see a bloody, shot up deer. I mean if its a doe cover up the whole thing. If its a buck leave the head out so I can stare at the antlers

Quick Reply: Well, this encounter was weird.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.