Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cold weather clothing

Old 10-21-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Cold weather clothing

I need to set myself up for some serious cold weather hunting. What do you guys recommend? Outerwear, underwear, boots. Specific brand names and where to obtain. Any tips to keep warm? I get cold easy, but you have to be out there to get 'em. Assume $ is no object even though it is
Old 10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cold weather clothing

I hunt only from a tree stand and I bought a Heater Body Suit a couple of years ago and love it. It is like a big sleeping bag with legs. I wear light clothing walking to my stand. The biggest mistake people make is wearing cotton and getting hot walking to their stand.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Spike

Yes, The Heater Body Suit is perfect for cold weather hunting. I am a dealer and will gladly work something out with you.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

look into under armor's cold weather gear, it will keep you real warm, but you wear that like long underwear. then i just load up on hoodies i already own, (8) and then just buy a really warm hunting coat and im good! i hunt in a stand in central Illinois so it gets pretty cold during slug season! yes you look a little intresting being so bulky, but you are out there to be warm not trying to win a fashion show! boots i wear a pair of winchesters, it has i think 1400 grams of thinsulate (the more thinsulate the warmer you willl be, including boots)! couple pair of long socks and im good! im in college so i cant afford cold weather gear just for hunting, so i make the most of what i have!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:34 AM

I'm definitely interested in this body suit. Any body else have any input, and what are the pros and cons Honcho??? King of the mountain, Artic Shield, Raven wear, ????
Old 10-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Like I said I love mine. I have never got cold in it. Hunted in 10* a couple of times. Have shot a bow with it on. About the only con I can think of is I put mine on when I get my Lone Wolf Sit and Climb to my desired height, you have to be careful cause you don't have a whole lot of room. but I just face the tree,lay my suit in the climber and turn around and step into it and pull it on. Not difficult but at 25-30 feet up I am real careful. I also wear a Hunter Safety Sytem with mine with no problem. the most clothing I have worn under it would be something I would wear on a 50* day in the stand. I can't say enough good about it.