Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Has your Rut begun?

Old 10-30-2007, 08:00 AM

Default RE: Has your Rut begun?

Took my son on Missouri's Youth hunt this past weekend. No the rut is not going yet. But, I poured out some doe in heat urine on my way to stand and the next morning a buck had made a scrape over the spot that I poured the urine. So they have it on their mind. I would say that the pre rut is starting. and the actual rut is a week or two away.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Well it was youth weekend just past. Saturday evening no doe, 1 buck. Sunday, BAAM At least 30 deer total of 3 bucks at least 2 8's chased does off in the woods when they left. A fork horn was a little nervous. The does were running and jumping and the big 8 had his head low and his headback and chased her off. I debated and debated on wheteher or not he was the buck i was huntin, he was. By the time i decided i had my aim at the edge of the woods and when he got there he turned a little and walked behind the tank damn. A few minutes and i grunted 4 times. Here comes a young pretty good 8 looki. I should have took the big boy, but i second guessed my judgement. Hope they are still runnin this weekend.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I saw three bucks at different locations running with their noses to the ground here in pa. this morning.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Spike

Went out on the Youth hunt this past weekend and the deer were not active at all. Only saw 2 and only 1(4-point buck) of them was within shooting range. Usually we see lots of deer on the Youth hunt, but this year was a huge disappointment.

There were also a ton of leaves left on the trees, making it very hard to see.

Hopefully when the regular season comes around there will be deer everywhere and hardly any leaves!
Old 10-31-2007, 03:05 AM

The rut seems to be on here in SE Indiana. There was a meduim doe and a 6pt buck together in a field on the land I hunt last night. I was only 75 yards away in my car. I stopped,got out and stared at them thru my scope for several minutes before they casually walked in to the woods.

If they do that in a couple weeks, they will be in the freezer!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Spike

Hunted all day yesterday in NW Wisconsin. It was very warm, but the deer were chasing. I saw two bucks chasing does, as did others hunting that day. Sightings of chasings from the road is also increasing. I would definatley say that we are moving into the chase phase up in NW Wisconsin.

Good luck everyone.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 AM

Hey Mike

First thank you for your service old army vet here 70-72 yeah yeah I know I'm an old guy lol.I'm and avid bow hunter of thirty +years we live in the same state I live around albany, and the rut has not yet kicked in even the chase phase has not popped.In any event I love checking in with folks just to get an Idea of whats going on in the woods. I hunt the grafton area as well as the archery only zone south of albany. lastnight in grafton I had nine deer all does and a couple of fawns but no bucks our trail cam's have picked up seven different bucks in our area but all late at night. still no scrapes or rubs but that should change any day. I will keep you advised if you would like and I hope you'll do the same. thanks J.C. Mac Have a great season I hope you come to full draw often throughout the season Jack
Old 11-01-2007, 06:28 AM

Perhaps a bit of chase phase beginning in upstate ny near albany, lastnight 10/31 started to see deer on the roads to and from hunting area
Grafton ny. lots of does coming into the apple orchard in the P.M. however none of the fellas have made an apperance yet,but we do have trail cameras showing several bucks, however they are not visiting the apples until late at night between 10:00pm and 3:00am . lack of rubs and scrapes is a bit unsettling . Perhaps the weather has supressed things a bit,it's been in the sixty's here during the day.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: MOHunter88

Went out on the Youth hunt this past weekend and the deer were not active at all. Only saw 2 and only 1(4-point buck) of them was within shooting range. Usually we see lots of deer on the Youth hunt, but this year was a huge disappointment.

There were also a ton of leaves left on the trees, making it very hard to see.

Hopefully when the regular season comes around there will be deer everywhere and hardly any leaves!
Did you notice the moon. The deer where moving it was just at night. Good news is that Rifle season will be during the dark of the moon, That means a lot of movement during shooting hours.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

No one from Georgia here???? [&:]

Quick Reply: Has your Rut begun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.