Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Has your Rut begun?

Old 10-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Has your Rut begun?

Went out today seen 3-does coming down the trail they ended about 15yards from my stand eating, while i was whatching them i thought i heard a buck grunt then he came down the trail gruntng like crazystarted chasing the doe's still grunting they made a circle then stop 15 yards broadside but i let him go hoping for a bigger buck to show up.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

They aren't even chasing yet here in Southern Indiana.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:15 PM

Nothing here in Northern Indiana either Kevin1, But it should be gettin close, maybe some young bucks getting horney.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Not yet! But close!
Where in tx are u?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nkyhunter

I don't know if the rut has just quite begun here in Northern Kentucky but it is getting ever so close. More and more rubs and scrapes are popping up everyday but I've yet to see chasing and I've been in the woods a whole lot. I'd say w/in the week it will be a safe bet to say that it has "officially" begun being that Oct. 26th is the Autumnal moon and will kick it off!!!!
Hasent started in western Kentucky either ...but I would think by the first of November the bucks will go into the "stupid mode"

dd
Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM

we got some trail cam pics about a week ago with several bucks in it, so i think they're still in bachelor groups..but one of my buddies said everytime he watches a doe at his stand, a buck is not far behind it, and they leave together, so i aint for sure..i hope its started though!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im in SE lower mighigan give it another week and we will be seeing the chasing we all love to see
Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Southeast Alabama we still have a good month till the buck even start. They don't crazy till end of December.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

They aren't even chasing yet here in Southern Indiana.
Yeah they are. I saw some very nice bucks trailing some doe's a few days ago... And you cant get any farther south in Indiana than on the Ohio river border lol......
Old 10-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

There are definately scrapes and rubs all over the place here in NW MO but in terms of chasing and seeking phase that hasn't quite started. Beginning of November it really heats up especially if the weather cooperates.

Quick Reply: Has your Rut begun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.