Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I once caught a deer Thiiiis Biiiig! >

I once caught a deer Thiiiis Biiiig!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I once caught a deer Thiiiis Biiiig!

Old 10-20-2007, 07:14 AM

Default I once caught a deer Thiiiis Biiiig!

I dont even know what to say, this is just crazy.

This isn't me or anyone I know, just something I found while surfing the web toady.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I once caught a deer Thiiiis Biiiig!

shew, i bet he was tired
Old 10-20-2007, 01:27 PM

you definatly saved its life good job....what did you do with it??
Old 10-21-2007, 01:51 PM

kingnn93, he wrote

This isn't me or anyone I know, just something I found while surfing the web toady.
But I'm sure who every they are that did that, released it once they got back to shore

Old 10-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I saw the original post some time ago on another website. The deer was a long way from short, apparently confused, and very weak. When he released the deer it didn't even have the strength to walk away for a long time.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 PM

I saw something like this before on Lake Michigan. a doe and a spike were swimming and were about to the 2nd sandbar. When a jet ski and our boat moved them back to shore.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:46 PM

my dad says he has seen several of them in the Bay near port Aransas, Corpus christi.. king ranch area.
out there in the bay.. 10 feet waters.. but normally just a few hundred yards apart from island to island so in that case it must be a normal thing and not too far of a swim.
just like carabou swimming across rivers in canada/alaska
Old 10-27-2007, 08:55 PM
nap

did you read the storie about it. its pretty wierd

Last Saturday morning, my buddy Bo Warren and I were trolling for stripers in the Chesapeake Bay. We were 11-1/2 miles offshore in about 80 feet of water contemplating why the fish weren't biting. We looked back to check our gear and saw something odd in the water. Was it a seal? Can't be, we don't have seals around here. On closer look, it turned out to be a buck deer that was WAY off course. He was desperate and barely staying afloat.

I've seen deer swim a river or bayou before. When you see that, the first thing you notice is that they are powerful swimmers. Their head and shoulders are out of the water and they ! make su rprisingly good headway. This critter was just keeping his nose up and looked like he'd been swimming all night long. In fact, he was so warn out that he swam toward the boat probably thinking it looked enough like land to him. When he got closer though, he wasn't sure what to make of the two dudes on board, and backed off.

So, since the fish weren't biting, we thought we'd give this buck a hand. Turns out Bo grew up around cows and was really handy with a bowline. He lassoed the deer on the first try! Bo grabbed his neck, I grabbed the flank, and we barreled over backwards into the boat. Before I knew it, Bo was on top of him and had him tied up just like a calf.

We hit the throttle and shuttled him to the closest beach -
KentPoint. I beached the boat and we carefully unloaded the deer onto the sand. The whole time! we kep t thinking he was going to kick the snot out of us. He never did though; he was totally spent. We untied him and jumped back. Too weak to stand, he just sat there quivering. We even picked him up again and put his feet underneath him, but he still couldn't walk. Don't know if he made it or not, but I think his chances were vastly improved. Hopefully he recovered after time. When you're out & about, ya just never know...

Old 10-28-2007, 10:40 AM

dang. thats just crazy.
hopefully he made it.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Spike

that happened ten minutes from my house a was out fishing on the bay that day.....it was some crazy radio talk when we heard someone caught a buck ha ha ha