HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Maryland Hunters, Injured Soliders Need Your Help! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/212996-maryland-hunters-injured-soliders-need-your-help.html)

GPMD 10-19-2007 08:24 PM

Maryland Hunters, Injured Soliders Need Your Help!

Hey everyone,

I'm mostly a troll on these boards (on a daily basis of course) with a couple of posts in betweenand I know the group of hunters on here are a solid group which is why I felt the need to spread the word about something here. I'm also going to post this on the deer hunting board so I hope thats not a problem.

I live in Northern Baltimore County in White Hall and saw something in the local paper today about a lady in Hereford who has put a group together called "Huntin' Buddies." Its pretty much a program for Maryland hunters to take out injured vets hunting. She has contacted Walter Reed Medical Center and they are putting together a list of current soliders in rehab who would like to get out and hunt again. She is heading down there on Sunday to get the list and get this program rolling. I had called her and to my surprise I was only the 3rd person to volunteer their time and help out. I spoke with her for a good 20 minutes and she is getting all the paperwork to me by Monday so I don't have too much info besides the basics. I do know that she is desperatly in search of land to take these fine soliders to. They will be the only ones hunting and us voluneers are just there to help. I suspect the list from Walter Reed to be quite lengthy so any help anyone can give as far as land use or man hours would be so much appreciated. If you post back to me here, I can get you more info as well as her direct contact information. I also know she asked Walter Reed to find people who had an interest in any kind of hunting, not just deer.
So please, any information you can send my way that we can use to help these guys out would be awesome!!! I'll keep the board posted on whats going on.
Thank you for your time...

bhensley 10-20-2007 08:17 PM

RE: Maryland Hunters, Injured Soliders Need Your Help!

Great idea, sending this back to the top for ya.

mike_wny 10-20-2007 10:30 PM

I wish I could gelp, but I'm in NY. I would definitely want to help.

one on one 10-21-2007 04:20 AM

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT AND WHAT YOUR DOING, WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK.

Slackdaddy 10-23-2007 02:06 PM

Any contact info for this group ??
Nick

GPMD 10-23-2007 04:55 PM

Hi Nick,

Send me an email and I'll send along the founders name andphone number to you. Believe it or not, she doesn't have email.I think we finally found the last person in the country without an email :)

I hunt at the Patuxent Refuge and spoke with them today and they are getting involved big time it sounds. They're only located about 40 minutes from Walter Reed so it'd be perfect. My email is [email protected] Shoot me an email and I can get you more info. Thanks!!!

georgiahick 10-24-2007 08:11 AM

God Bless You Guys, wish there was something I could due to help.....Great Program!

georgiahick 10-24-2007 08:11 AM

due should be do....still half asleep

AF Hunter 10-24-2007 11:47 AM

If you want to help no matter what state you are in, contact the VA in your state. Many states put on a deer hunt every year for disabled/paralyzed American Veterans. Most states could use your help. Here in Iowa there is a farmer who has spent tons of money to put in lift stands and everything else needed to give veterans a hunt every year. Don't just think about it, pick up the phone and call your Veterans Administration and find out what you can do. Thank you GPMD for bringing this up. I hadn't thought about other states where help could be needed.