HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Hunting Lease Contract (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/212752-hunting-lease-contract.html)

cynikalHC 10-18-2007 02:32 PM

Hunting Lease Contract

I am trying to get permission from a guy to lease some land of his and he is holding out because he got screwed by the last people that lease it a few years back. Does anyone know where I can get a Hunting Lease Contract or have one that they can fax or email me that might make him feel a little more at ease in the leasing process?

AF Hunter 10-18-2007 03:50 PM

RE: Hunting Lease Contract

Don't have a contract, but you can write one up between yourself and the land owner. Just put it in writing that you agree to Pay X amount of US dollars per year to hunt their land. Throw in that the payment is to be made by (set a date in advance of the season) each year or the contract is null and void. Listen to the owners concerns and make sure you address each and every concern in the document you write up. Once you have an agreeable document to both parties, find one of them there lawyers here on the site that would be willing to take a peek at it.

Get what permissions you want in writing, but remember, it's their land. Good luck!

Texasimport 10-18-2007 03:52 PM

You should include, guest details and numbers and size of what you can hunt etc. If you wait for him to do this part you may be disapointed.

Onestringer 10-18-2007 04:32 PM

Sometimes you run into a land owner who needs more than your word understandably...

legaldocs.com

We have used one from there in a couple of states in a few different lease situations an it worked out great.

Best of luck...when do we get to come hunt.

cynikalHC 10-18-2007 04:35 PM

Well I just got off the phone with the land owner and he said that he has someone interested in buying the land.[:@]
I will just have to wait until next week and see what happens. Thanks for all the info guys.

timbercruiser 10-18-2007 09:07 PM

Go to this link, down at the bottom of the page under leases you will find another link that will take you to a sample hunting lease. You can modify it as you need.

www.afoa.org/hunt.htm

antlerking_fan_09 10-21-2007 08:05 PM

that sucks what I cant belive is how people can buy lots of land.how much do you think a monthy payment would be?

AF Hunter 10-21-2007 08:19 PM

Depends on where you are. Here where I live, you can buy land for $1700 - $2000 per acre. I just bought 51 acres with home, barn, extra garage, 7 acre pond and 4 other small ponds for less than $250k. If you and 3 friends went in together and bought 80 acres, each persons monthly payment would be less than $350. Not too bad for the benefits it can reap.

mohunter82 10-21-2007 10:40 PM

yea most of the property around here is running around $2,000 an acre. so it depends on how much land you want and what your finances are. If you bought it yourself you could also lease it out to other people to makee part of your payments on the land.