Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Landowner Woes

Old 10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Landowner Woes

I have been frustrated over the yearswith people who trespassed on property I had sole permission to hunt. Now that I am a landowner, I am getting pissed. Tonight, I was working on the firepit in my backyard and heard a succession of gunshots to the North. I looked that way and saw several slickheads jump the fence from my property to another. I finished unloading the stones real quick and drove to the Northeast corner of my property. Didn't see anyone. Sat there for 20 minutes on a high point where I can not only see my fence line, but all the way to the home to the North.

The way the deer took off and the direction they ran leads me to believe that my "neighbor" to the North was probably where he should not have been. I also had 4 photos erased off my trailcam last week. I wonder if the same culprit is responsible for both. I need to catch whoever is doing this in the act so I can take legal action.

Why do people totally disregard people's rights? This is p!$$!ng me off! I worked hard to find this place and to buy it legally.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Landowner Woes

people will and are doing that stuff! it is sad but true! some people are just to cheap and just dont care! my grandpa finds bullet casings all over his farm by ditches and old barns all of which he owns!!!!! he also finds gutpiles, if he gets to the place before to long! no one has permission to hunt but it has to be the same guy cause every time he takes the empty shell casing and puts it standing up in the middle of the gut pile!!!!! which means he has to be poaching!!!! cause there is nothing in season right now that you need to hunt with a .270 in illinois!!!!!!!! makes me sick!!!! not much you can do which is the really sad part!!!! try moving the trail camera to a different place but keep it nearby odds are the pictures he deleted where pictures of him! good luck and i hope you catch him!!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

AF just put you up an electric fence ole buddy ...then peel them off every evening

dd
Old 10-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I put up an electric fence, I'd want it camouflaged in a way that the deer would see it and avoid it but the jerk north of me could not see it and would get zapped! I wonder if I could get a motion detector activated tazer to get his attention?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

The trespassers just went ahead and stole my trail camera. They left me some empty beer cans, latex gloves and other trash for me though. [&:]
Old 10-16-2007, 08:09 PM

You should have mounted the trail camera high enough that they couldn't reach it from the ground.

Chances are that they hunted there for years before you came along with your city ways and your posted signs and made them mad.

Now not only are they mad at you, they are stealing your private property.

Chances are they know your in's and outs and know when you have to go to work and when you are home and when you are not there - they have free range on your place.

Your best bet is to finish your firepit and invite the neighbors over for a bar b que and some beer and make friends with them people before they do any more damage.

I know of a family that did everything that you have done and everything that you might think of doing and in the end, they came home one day and there was a pack of matches in the front door and a note that read - they wern't lit this time, but they might be the next!

My dog ran off on a bird hunt one day and ended up over at their place the next. He knocked the bird feeder off it's stand and made a mess. I went to the local store and bought the woman a nice rose bush and her and I have been friends ever since.

I still do not have permission to hunt on their property. But I know that if I shot an animal and it went on their property that I could get permission to retrieve it anytime I want.

I respect their privacy and they respect mine.

Good luck with your neighbors.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Chances are that they hunted there for years before you came along with your city ways and your posted signs and made them mad.
This doesn't justify poaching and never will.

I know of a family that did everything that you have done and everything that you might think of doing and in the end, they came home one day and there was a pack of matches in the front door and a note that read - they wern't lit this time, but they might be the next!
That's considered "terroristic threatening" in my state, a felony and a damned fine reason to get to know your local police and game warden. Anyone who would threaten to burn your house down over something as petty as a "posted" sign is a psycho and deserves to share a cell with Bubba.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:18 AM

I would get to know your local game ranger. Let him know what has been going on and that nobody has permission, then he can watch it when he can. That's how I got permission on the land I hunt in Oklahoma, people were sneaking on this fellas land, I told him I would run them off whenever I seen them. I seen them once and they never came back
Old 10-17-2007, 06:33 AM

What happened to the good old days when people respected each other and didn't trespass when they were asked to stay off land? and when they did you could put a bullet in the tree six feet to their left to get their attention and then they would never come back again? Oh, good old political correctness.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is pretty disheartening. The only thing that will lift your spirits, I suspect, is watching the game warden haul those boys in, maybe confiscating their weapons and other items used to defraud you of your property and privacy. There seems to be a very high amount of poaching that goes on everywhere. This appalls me. Try to talk to others to find out if there is a common wisdom about how to solve this problem. One possible approach is to try to "hunt" the poachers. No, I don't mean shoot them . . . I mean try to stealthily apprehend them in the act of poaching so you know who they are and maybe catch them red-handed on film. While it is a major pain in the butt, this may be your only solution. The discussion above about befriending your neighbors may also be fruitful and prudent.

Quick Reply: Landowner Woes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.