Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Landowner Woes

Old 10-21-2007, 08:00 PM

Default RE: Landowner Woes

call the cops on him the cop will scare the **** out of him and he wont do it again or just find him and kick a$$.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, this morning I got my point across. Let's see what happens. I met the neighbor at the end of my lane and started a conversation with him. I asked him if he got his deer last week and he replied "No, it's not shotgun season yet". I told him that I heard a lot of shooting on Wednesday and thought he may have got a deer. "Nope" was all he replied. I then told him that I found an expelled shotgun shell on my property and it was not last years shell. I went on to say that someone had erased photos off a trailcam so I have taken measures to alert me when someone is trespassing. He asked what I had done and my reply was I borrowed some seismic alarms that can be triggered by a human walking on the ground. I went on with the story that I placed the sensors completely around my property lines and the monitor is in my bedroom. He became very curious how the sensors work and I spun the story that it will discriminate between human and 4 legged critters. I then told him that either my wife, my son or myself will be staying at home until deer season closes. He paused for a couple of minutes and then said, "Oh, you must have heard me target practicing up along our property line." "I don't know who erased your photos, but I know my son and I haven't been in that oak grove this year." I told him that maybe he should watch his property because someone is breaking the law. I think he'll stay put on his own now. BTW, I never told him that the trailcam was in the oak grove. hehehe
Old 10-22-2007, 12:32 PM

good job you scared him for sure
Old 10-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guesssuggesting napalm is a bit of overkill then, huh?