Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Landowner Woes

Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 PM

Default RE: Landowner Woes

i say you sit in your stand with a paintball gun, and once you see the people you should shoot them as many times as possible lmao thats wht i would do, its either that or you should put a spy camera where you think they are and when they pass by it takes the picture so you can catch them redhanded .... thats what i would do !! lol
Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot the dirt bag with a paintball gun and you may have lead flying your way! Get someone to look after your land while you work. Give him some hunting rights in return.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya shooting him with anything is not exactly a bright idea! all you can do is try and catch him red handed, which sounds easier than it is, but good luck!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:26 AM

8 Years ago my wife and Bought our property and moved in to the house. The first day of fire arms season I went out to get in my recently built permanent ladder stand wich was occupied by someone other then me. I quitely removed my self from the woods and called DNR. When the got there we walked back to the stand and the guy was still there. It turns out that A local hunting guide brought this person to my property and put him in my stand. Not only was the guy that paid to hunt fined but the guide was as well. The guide claims he had permission from the previous owner to use the property on the week days. THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD BEEN DEAD FOR TWO YEARS AND THE HOUSE WAS EMPTY DURRING THAT TIME FRAME!!!

Last year we recieved a new neighbor. I was in a tree stand watching a couple of Does when here comes some guy with a very small child walking under neath my stand. I waited untill the were directly under me and whispered psst. He looked up at me with my shot gun in hand pointed up at the sky and freaked out. He started screaming at me not to shoot as he picked his kid up and ran away. I waited a few minutes and then follwed them back to there newly purchsed house so I would know where they came from. I changed my clothes and went back and knocked on there door. I calmly introduced my self and talked to them.This person was city slicker gone country. He had no idea that he was on my property and that it was firearms season he thought it was public property. Maryland requires blue paint on trees to post your property. This guy had no idea what this ment. I explained to them that all the propertiesaround them are hunted and that they should stay out of the woods. They were very lucky that I am as careful as I am when hunting. If it was idiot in the stand that day they could have been shot.The moral of the story is some people have no clue clearly post your property with no tresspassing signs.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probobly the best way to deal with the situation. Keep a level head, keep your mouth shut, and get out of there. Flaring tempers, and guns dont mix.
ORIGINAL: collins.cr

8 Years ago my wife and Bought our property and moved in to the house. The first day of fire arms season I went out to get in my recently built permanent ladder stand wich was occupied by someone other then me. I quitely removed my self from the woods and called DNR. When the got there we walked back to the stand and the guy was still there. It turns out that A local hunting guide brought this person to my property and put him in my stand. Not only was the guy that paid to hunt fined but the guide was as well. The guide claims he had permission from the previous owner to use the property on the week days. THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD BEEN DEAD FOR TWO YEARS AND THE HOUSE WAS EMPTY DURRING THAT TIME FRAME!!!

Last year we recieved a new neighbor. I was in a tree stand watching a couple of Does when here comes some guy with a very small child walking under neath my stand. I waited untill the were directly under me and whispered psst. He looked up at me with my shot gun in hand pointed up at the sky and freaked out. He started screaming at me not to shoot as he picked his kid up and ran away. I waited a few minutes and then follwed them back to there newly purchsed house so I would know where they came from. I changed my clothes and went back and knocked on there door. I calmly introduced my self and talked to them.This person was city slicker gone country. He had no idea that he was on my property and that it was firearms season he thought it was public property. Maryland requires blue paint on trees to post your property. This guy had no idea what this ment. I explained to them that all the propertiesaround them are hunted and that they should stay out of the woods. They were very lucky that I am as careful as I am when hunting. If it was idiot in the stand that day they could have been shot.The moral of the story is some people have no clue clearly post your property with no tresspassing signs.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet he thought those blue blazes were marking a hiking trail. You are right...non hunters will not know what they mean.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Shoot the dirt bag with a paintball gun and you may have lead flying your way! Get someone to look after your land while you work. Give him some hunting rights in return.
That's what I was thinking. Have someone watch while you are not there, with a camera, for evidence. If he is not a hunter, pay him as much as you can afford, or maybe pay him in venison. Of course it would be difficult to find someone to do this for you. It's hard to catch an experienced poacher, even by a warden. There are just too many A-holes in this world.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM

Id set up a double camera option. Get a spy camera placed secretly and aimed at a trail camera area. The spy camera will pick them up messing with the trail camera. Or whatever else they are messing with.

Review the footage and find out who's causing the problem. You can confront them and see if you can resolve the issue.If not take the spy camera footage to the Game Warden or Sheriffs Dept. Case closed.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are cameras which send immages to your phone or computer.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

There are cameras which send immages to your phone or computer.

http://anytimeanimalcontrol.com

furgitter, you crack me up!!

LOL luv the attacking feral cat. BWAHAHAHA

Quick Reply: Landowner Woes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.