Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Getting ridiculous

Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Getting ridiculous

such is the hell we wrot ourselves its only going to go in one direction fellas....
Old 10-25-2007, 04:13 PM

Man, I am spoiled rotten!!! My buddies and I have hunted the same land in Ga for 15 years now... approx. 800 acres combined in 3 different plots... $300 each for a full 12 month lease. Granted, portions of it are clear-cut, but, we average one Georgia class trophy off of it each year. I think I'll keep it.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:20 PM

Hey what can you do? The Republicans want our land and the Democrats want our guns!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

My lease in South Carolina is 567 acres for $10 an acre. Between 12 members it's just under $500 a person for annual priveledges. About average for around here. But at the prices you are describing, I would be looking to form some sort of LLC with my family or hunting buddies and buying land instead.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Just my opinion but I have had hundreds of acres to hunt just by talking to the farmers and neighbors. I do not lease and never will. If everyone would get together and not lease the price would not be driving up and people would start letting you hunt for free again but that will never happen because some people have money and ruin it for the guys who dont.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:30 AM

I agree with Buff...Also I am here to tell ya once all you folks that have money lease everything up I will be a poaching MF every chance I get. I hunt because I enjoy hunting not shooting. I have gone a few years without getting a deer and have loved every second of it. States are raping us bad enough selling us a chance to get a deer or whatever, You guys keep paying these land barrons and when someone outbids you or they sell their land to someone else that leases it for more then you can afford then you will be in my passenger seat running the spotlight!!! People need to get back to the roots of hunting where there is more to it then horns. I would like to take a buck every now and then and maby even have a chance at a large buck but I am very happy with a doe. JustIMO
Old 10-26-2007, 02:58 AM

Not to mention that some of the ungodly fees that you guys are paying could go twards fighting the antis.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

it's only going to get more expensive with the ever increasing population.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:24 AM

And thats a shame!!! After a while it wont be "Hey Joe where were you hunting when you got your deer?" It will be "Where did you buy your deer?" pretty close to that now.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hell ...for 4 to $5000.00 you could hunt in Alberta or Sasketchawan for 10 days and stand a chance in killing a WORLDS record .... some of these land owners are starting to remind me of Harley dealers

dd

Quick Reply: Getting ridiculous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.