Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 The Doctor Death Hunting Show! >

The Doctor Death Hunting Show!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Doctor Death Hunting Show!

Old 10-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Doctor Death Hunting Show!

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Could we go on a decoy shoot?
LOL Charlie ...MAN you dont forget NOTHING LOL ...

dd
Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

then on occations as a bonus to all my fans I might throw in a hunt ofthe good Doctorhammering one
you're assuming that you're actually going to have fans[8D]

I like your idea Doc as the "average joe" concept would be a refreshing change from the standard half hour commercials that are passed off as hunting shows these days, but i'm unsure if anyone that really wanted their own TV show could eventually resist the temptation to become just like everybody else (spokesman for product "x" while forgetfulof fair chase and hunting ethics)....as most of them suck and I rarely watch any of it anymore.

Good Luck
Old 10-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

then on occations as a bonus to all my fans I might throw in a hunt ofthe good Doctorhammering one
you're assuming that you're actually going to have fans[8D]

I like your idea Doc as the "average joe" concept would be a refreshing change from the standard half hour commercials that are passed off as hunting shows these days, but i'm unsure if anyone that really wanted their own TV show could eventually resist the temptation to become just like everybody else (spokesman for product "x" while forgetfulof fair chase and hunting ethics)....as most of them suck and I rarely watch any of it anymore.

Good Luck
Welllllllllllll HBH thats what seperates the good Doctor from the Bill Jordans and Jackie Bushmans ..... well maybe our bank accounts to ....but honestly I would LOVE to see a show where a well known hunter (like me ) invites the everyday average hunter to come and hunt and be on his show ...I KNOW I would prefer to watch something like that ...most of the hunting shows on TV right now are like the WWF ....we already know the outcome before the show starts ....

dd
Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, Doc, I am a fan of hunting, no doubt, especially turkey and deer, but from what your title says, I don't know if I'll enjoy Death hunting so much, after all, Death is a critter that isn't too hard to track down when a feller's looking for it.[8D]
Well, it's your choice, I guess not everyone wants to die of old age, so if they want to die in the fast track as their way of going out of the world, then why not make a little money by releasing a DVD? Not a bad idea, I reckon.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doc, I knew you would be coming back to the show idea. Remember when we discussed it last?

Let me remind you that I control the rights to any Dr. Death hunting show. After our last discussions, I took it upon myself to copyright the show from all angles and descriptions because, well, I know a money maker whaen I see it. At our meetings you were curious why my team of attorneys, led by Harvey Sphincterstein, were present. Know you know it was to protect my intrests ( and of course your intrests too ).

I agree that the average Joe angle should be in the show, but not weekly. Maybe every 3rd or 4th week. And alternate between an adult and kids (evryother adult should be a famale - and I mean a good looking female) The weeks leading up to the actual average Joe (AJ) hunt could include some segments on the AJ hitting the shooting ranges, scouting or maybe other prep work like the honey do lists that evry AJ gets hit with prior to going hunting. I will also look into some sort of sponsorship from a nail salon/spa for the AJ to appease his better half so he won't show up for filming withskillethead. That my friend is called coveringthe bases!

Let's stick with the AJ hunt 1X month and Good Ol Doc hunting the other 3 weeks. After all the viewers are watching because not only do they want to be choosen as a AJ ....... they want to learn how to bag some decent bucks from old grey cheeks himself. Now, as we've discussed, the sheer quantity ( not to even start talking about the quality ) of the Doc's knowledge will take a great amount of time to try to get across. Not to mention that some of this knowledge isn't just easily grasped by the AJ, will require the 3-to-1 ration of Doc-to-AJ footage.

Keep in mind doing the filming for the AJ shows will most likely take 3 or 4X the man hours. Retake, after retake after retake. You have to remember that these AJs are not the Doc, sure they may be called a "hunting knife" but they don't have the fine, razor-sharp and polished edge of the Doc. You may even get frustrated with some of these AJs. We will have to be very careful in the selection of AJs, most likely having some sort of aptitude and marksmanship evaluations.

Now in closing, I will address this TDWW person. I think involving this individual on the show might very well be worth looking into. From what I gather he would be a good fit for a laborer to run and get things done behind the scenes. He seems (atleast from his own description) to have a healthy physique. He would be good for setting up our base camps, handling the horses, cooking, cleanup, etc. ..... He could also be used to gather firewood. We would need firewood for the conclusion of every show. I envisioned every show winding down at the closing with a group around a small campfire, rehashing the hunt and all that they had learned from the Doc. Ya know, alot of "thanks Doc!s", "Thanks Doc, that's something I want to pass on to my kids and grandkids." and "Thanks Doc, I never thought of that before".

And then the show would fade out with a shot of you, cup of coffee in hand and the campfire light on you just giving a give old, "Aw shucks!" in response to all the thanks.

Should you have any questions regarding my ( our ) copyrights those can be clarified by contacting my attorneys at Sphincterstein, Gluteus & Butz. Otherwise just contact metomove forward to production.

P.S. What's this about you directing?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lets get er done! Wouldn't it be great to get paid doing something that you love doing? I'd do anything for an oppertunity like this!!!! One change though, no high fences where were hunting, too many of these other shows are in them areas, anyone could shoot a booker then! Make it reality!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Id have no problems at all. GITR DONE!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:48 AM

NAHHHHHH [&:]
Old 10-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Doc, I knew you would be coming back to the show idea. Remember when we discussed it last?

Let me remind you that I control the rights to any Dr. Death hunting show. After our last discussions, I took it upon myself to copyright the show from all angles and descriptions because, well, I know a money maker whaen I see it. At our meetings you were curious why my team of attorneys, led by Harvey Sphincterstein, were present. Know you know it was to protect my intrests ( and of course your intrests too ).

I agree that the average Joe angle should be in the show, but not weekly. Maybe every 3rd or 4th week. And alternate between an adult and kids (evryother adult should be a famale - and I mean a good looking female) The weeks leading up to the actual average Joe (AJ) hunt could include some segments on the AJ hitting the shooting ranges, scouting or maybe other prep work like the honey do lists that evry AJ gets hit with prior to going hunting. I will also look into some sort of sponsorship from a nail salon/spa for the AJ to appease his better half so he won't show up for filming withskillethead. That my friend is called coveringthe bases!

Let's stick with the AJ hunt 1X month and Good Ol Doc hunting the other 3 weeks. After all the viewers are watching because not only do they want to be choosen as a AJ ....... they want to learn how to bag some decent bucks from old grey cheeks himself. Now, as we've discussed, the sheer quantity ( not to even start talking about the quality ) of the Doc's knowledge will take a great amount of time to try to get across. Not to mention that some of this knowledge isn't just easily grasped by the AJ, will require the 3-to-1 ration of Doc-to-AJ footage.

Keep in mind doing the filming for the AJ shows will most likely take 3 or 4X the man hours. Retake, after retake after retake. You have to remember that these AJs are not the Doc, sure they may be called a "hunting knife" but they don't have the fine, razor-sharp and polished edge of the Doc. You may even get frustrated with some of these AJs. We will have to be very careful in the selection of AJs, most likely having some sort of aptitude and marksmanship evaluations.

Now in closing, I will address this TDWW person. I think involving this individual on the show might very well be worth looking into. From what I gather he would be a good fit for a laborer to run and get things done behind the scenes. He seems (atleast from his own description) to have a healthy physique. He would be good for setting up our base camps, handling the horses, cooking, cleanup, etc. ..... He could also be used to gather firewood. We would need firewood for the conclusion of every show. I envisioned every show winding down at the closing with a group around a small campfire, rehashing the hunt and all that they had learned from the Doc. Ya know, alot of "thanks Doc!s", "Thanks Doc, that's something I want to pass on to my kids and grandkids." and "Thanks Doc, I never thought of that before".

And then the show would fade out with a shot of you, cup of coffee in hand and the campfire light on you just giving a give old, "Aw shucks!" in response to all the thanks.

Should you have any questions regarding my ( our ) copyrights those can be clarified by contacting my attorneys at Sphincterstein, Gluteus & Butz. Otherwise just contact metomove forward to production.

P.S. What's this about you directing?
DAYum Matt ...your GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD !! Yep I think you know me as well as anyone and have the show pegged .... I suppose your right about the good Doctor being involed more in the hunting segment of the show...I can overcome my humility for the good of the show and my fans .. and I love the idea of the campfire stories where we sharewar storiesand ideas ...and I canautograph 8x10 color glossys of me in my camo holding that cup of coffee you were talking about ...yep I have to agree its time for us to "GET'ER DONE" .....

dd
Old 10-16-2007, 12:35 PM

That would be a 180* change from what's out there on the market. I'd probably watch your show Doc. I like Uncle Matt's idea about employing people with special needs for your show too. Giving a helping hand to the handicapped is deserving of "respect" in my opinion.

Quick Reply: The Doctor Death Hunting Show!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.