Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

those primos flip cans

Old 10-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: those primos flip cans

ihave the Primos canbut never use it.imouth a better buck calling/stopping sound.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

I've had very good luck with the Can.I hunt on the Ground.One time I called a Buck off a Doe he ran over me.Then last Year I was meat hunting,had a Doe coming to the Can from across a field,a Guy walked in on me,I hollerd at him,he leaves,the Doe watched him leave.I called on the Can again she came straight to me.

With the Can it is not an alarming Call,and gives the illusion of other Deer.One of the best calls you can use at any time.

big rockpile
Old 10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using the quaker boy bleat-in-heat can. Do I use it, yes with some good success. The problem I have is it doesn't sound very good after the first yr. I'm always buying a new one every yr...... that makes 5yrs in a row. I e-mailed QB but have yet to rec'v a response. Maybe I'll switch to Primos!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've found as with any bleat its best used when you see a deer or in conjuction with a grunt call. If youn want to iliminate movement quaker boy has came out with a squeeze and bleat.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

gpower1,
I bought both small and large can 3 yrs ago.I've called in many deer(buck and doe).I like to just have a little fun and watch deer react after you get one to come in on a can.
Last year I took a nice 8pnt with help of can.They do work if used correctly.DON'T over do it - is the key.I have found them much more forgiving than the art of Grunt calling.

Good Luck