Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is your opinion on hunting shows >

What is your opinion on hunting shows

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is your opinion on hunting shows

Old 10-14-2007, 12:02 AM

Default What is your opinion on hunting shows

I enjoy watching them but some of the hosts are hard to watch. I think for whatever reason they try to be funny and it doesnt always work. Alot of them act pretty stupid on the shows and commercials, especially the block party commercial.And im not talking about the excitable ones like stan potts which was touched on in an earlier post.I think these shows are great and they share alot of good information,I just wish the people would stick more to the subject that repeatedly fail at jokes. What do you guys think??
Old 10-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your opinion on hunting shows

I agree with you completely! now i havent seen a hunting show since august 16th. i moved into the dorms at college and we have "selective" cable, where we get some cable channels but not all, so we have no hunting or outdoor channels![:'(][:@]i made it a week before i went to walmart and bought a hunting video! but from what i remember there were so many things they said that really just annoyed me. it also really annyoed me when they would be sitting next to the animal they harvested and then tell us a complete recap of everything we watched, maybee its just me but i have a memory that last a little longer than 30 minutes, i dont need a recap on everything!
Old 10-14-2007, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't watch them at all, seems like the few that I have seen, seems like they are unrealistic, but that's my opinion. Besides, it's just a platform for them to sell there products from which they are peddling.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:26 AM

i'll have to agree with you guys,kinda like movies, alot is made up, and guaranteed hunts. but when your in it for the big bucks $$ they've got it to spend, i'd like to see them make a show in heavy hunted areas,like where i hunt.just my opinon
Old 10-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't stand 'em.

A friend of mine was interested in starting to hunt - until he got started watching these shows. Now he's convinced that he needs an ATV, a bunch of other gadgetry, and a guide.

Think about how many of these shows center on a "hunting camp" run by some guide service (the advertisements and "plugs" ought to tip you off). Wanna bet as towhether or not the guy who brings in a TV camera gets"comp'ed", while the rest of us pay for our "guided" hunts/shoots?Look at how many of them take place at times of the year the rest of us don't get to hunt, think there might be some "high fences" involved sometimes? And all of the sponsors and advertisements - for stuff you really don't need. Most of the shows I've managed to sit through haveno time to "teach" you anything, it's all about talking up the guide,shooting a monster-something, and selling products for the advertisers, making all of them even richer, and us even poorer.

Not to mention the "hosts" - most tend toward the "cornball" personality. No wonder the rest of the non-hunting public think hunters are bozos if this is the only exposure they have to hunting. Of course, they've suckered many hunters into watching their shows, so they must be smarter than I give them credit for?

Old 10-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I watch a lot of them. Usually I scan the channels to see what is on and go from there. They aren't my first choice, but they beat "The Days of Our Lives" anda lotof the other crap that is on. They have to push a product that pays the bills. If you remember the "MOR Channel" recently went bankrupt so there probably isn't a big profit margin for a lot of these shows.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

i agree, but almost everytime i watch the hunts i learn somthing new, even if its on how to get my bow easier amd faster!! i recently bought the new volume one realtree video, and it was pretty good!!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just watch them to see the deer. I like to see big bucks walking in the woods.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Some are good, some are not so good. I like Jim Shockey, North American Whitetail, and Michael Waddel.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:49 AM

I agree with honcho12 but the rhetoric and gagetry ( I learned the hard way) gets old. I found a show called Campbells Outdoor Challenge to be entertaining, especially the film your own hunts section. You can watch the episodes online too. Tune into outdoorchannel.com or campbellsoutdoorchallenge.com.

Quick Reply: What is your opinion on hunting shows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.