Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What is your opinion on hunting shows >

What is your opinion on hunting shows

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is your opinion on hunting shows

Old 10-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your opinion on hunting shows

I watch some hunting shows. IMHO, the shows that I feel are the least contrived andhave good informationare Bowhunting Magazine TV, and Deer and Deer Hunting. Othershows like Archer's Choice and Modern Day Mountain Man are entertaining. I don't like the shows that start off with the main sponser's name, i.e. Scent Lok's Gettin Close or Limbsaver's American Archer (which my wife calls the most boring hunting show she has seen).They should call these shows what they are; infomercials.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I enjoy seeingthe bucks. If you think about it, you see so few when you are really hunting, using the shows helps you practice 'field judging' bucks.

I hate the advertisements, so I use DVD's and FF button!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:26 AM

well i like most shows except for a few, but some are anoying, but i like realtree roadtrips, getting close even though there are alot of commercials, next generation, bassproshops hunting, and tred barta.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny that you like Tred Barta. I think he is in a whole other league of looney tunes who call themselves hunters. I just love his rapid fire arrow flinging style. I guess if one is to fire a couple of quivers worth of arrows, one is bound to connect! He's another nutcase like Ted Nugent who likes to see himself on film, I guess.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

i like how, after passing a couple of 8 or 10 pointers, they finally shoot a deer and they get all giddy they continue with like 5 awkward handshakes.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mastevt

I don't watch them at all, seems like the few that I have seen, seems like they are unrealistic, but that's my opinion. Besides, it's just a platform for them to sell there products from which they are peddling.

X2 [:@]
Old 10-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

When I first jumped into bowhunting headfirst about a year ago, I watched every bowhunting show I could find. Most of them are focused on bowhunting. I thought these shows made everything look easy and they do, because they have the prime areas set aside for shooting the trophies. Seems to me that the more I watch shows like this the more jealous I became. Although I do have my own land, I really balk at dumping thousands of dollars into it just to shoot deer.

Probably the most interesting part of any of these shows is the actual shot and how the deer reacts. One show that is wearing thin with me is "Spirit of the Wild". It's seems like a 30 minute product endorsement for all of his advertisers. Not much real hunting content in his shows either, all are mostly canned hunts. I call it killing at this point.

Another thing that I don't care for is hunts in Canada or outside of the US. Most likely I'll never go on one, so why would I care about it?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 PM

hate all the commercial and Ted Nugent is still tripping on something from the 70's. He is as real as athree dollar bill.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM

I like the Bass Masters Tournament and watching the big bucks. But it bugs me how they just stand and talk and don't take any does.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Spike

I watch them sometimes, just depends I guess. I like how they always get the biggest deer well with $10,000 worth of equipment who couldnt.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: What is your opinion on hunting shows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.