Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's the best Deer hunting state in the south? >

What's the best Deer hunting state in the south?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's the best Deer hunting state in the south?

Old 10-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Default What's the best Deer hunting state in the south?

What state would you say was the best deer hunting state in the south. I know some of you guys from the south will be partial to your own state, but I would like to hear from both the South and North. It does not matter if you have hunted in the south or not.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:10 PM

Default RE: What's the best Deer hunting state in the south?

NORTH CAROLINA!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

well i only hunt in the South and in one place in the South Louisiana. Louisiana is a good place but I think Mississippi is one of the best places cause every time i drive thrue Mississippi we see deer on the side of the road and well..... I hunt in North Louisianaand we didnt have much luck last year but i killed a 9 point aabout 2yrs ago there so I say where i go isnt the best but I know Louisiana is a good place but I would say Mississippiand Alabama are 2 of the bests
Old 10-12-2007, 08:36 PM

My votes go for:
South----Teaxas
North----Michigan
Old 10-12-2007, 08:54 PM

I had a feeling most of you would say Texas. Does anyone know of a site to find stats for Miss. or La. Heres one for Ga you might find the numbers surprising. I believe Ga. is under estimated for its deer. http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=278
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

Bama or GA, El Tejas just aint really "the south" to me. They're in a different class, more western style of whitetail hunting. But then again, I haven't hunted there. I'm currently stationed in North Central TN and they've got some good hunting here as well.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Alabama for numbers .... Kentucky for size

dd
Old 10-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Georgia/Alabama
Old 10-14-2007, 03:00 AM

ive hunted all around georgia and the south states, and as far as the south goes, we have some nice deer. the biggest and best racks that i have found have been around the georgia/alabama border. kentucky has the body girth but racks arent as great. if you can find a plantation or private hunting land right by tifton in georgia, that will be the best rack you can find imo. all the peanuts and protein there its amazing.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:41 AM

i've only hunted al. & fl. i've seen some good deer from florida, and have hunted al. the last 12yrs. al. has some good bucks, i know in my area theres more out of town hunters than locals(great guys).me and a friend and our boy's killed these,this past year. in barbour and dale county. bad news we're in iraq together and we'll miss this hunting season, but the boy's have the wive's lined up to be there guide this yr.

Quick Reply: What's the best Deer hunting state in the south?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.