Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Bleat calls do they realy work? >

Bleat calls do they realy work?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bleat calls do they realy work?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:41 AM

Default RE: Bleat calls do they realy work?

Mr. Java uses the fawn distress and the estrous cans .. Has done great with them.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

I just wanna say thanks for all the posts!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Dominant Buck

The fawn Bleat has always worked for me when hunting Does!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I never had much luck with them. Here in the north the can type often get frozen and don't make a sound. I keep a rattle bag in my pocket or pack and a grunt call. Between the two I have all I need when I need to call. Mostly I track though and running silent is my best tactic.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:01 PM

With what frequency should you use the different calls, buck grunts, bleats, fawn distress, rattles,etc... I use calls but have no idea if I am doing it too much or not enough or even if I am doing it right. This is my 3rd season and I haven't tagged anything yet, but it's all part of the learning curve, and any advice ya'll might offer would be appreciated.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Bartender

Yes, I believed it helped greatly in my biggest last year.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Brewtopia

With what frequency should you use the different calls, buck grunts, bleats, fawn distress, rattles,etc... I use calls but have no idea if I am doing it too much or not enough or even if I am doing it right. This is my 3rd season and I haven't tagged anything yet, but it's all part of the learning curve, and any advice ya'll might offer would be appreciated.
Study this page a bit.
http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/practical_bowhunter/deergrunting/deergrunt.html
Old 10-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have found the best way to use a bleat is in conjuction wit a grunt call. Some excited grunts followed by some bleats will imitate a buck chasing a hot doe. but a bleat call only will probly be the most effective during the peak time of the rut.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 AM

Last season, I turned a good buck by using the "Original". He was headed out of bow range when I used the can on him (not easy when juggling a bow). He stopped, wheeled around and came right in. It was a good day.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: N2Design

Last season, I turned a good buck by using the "Original". He was headed out of bow range when I used the can on him (not easy when juggling a bow). He stopped, wheeled around and came right in. It was a good day.
I turned two bucks like this last year with 'the can.' One was running a doe too. He stopped running her from 75 yds out to come in 15 yds and look for another doe. I'm sold and I dont ever climb the stand without it. My uncle has killed two bucks and swears by it too. He told me and I was skeptical before these events.

Quick Reply: Bleat calls do they realy work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.