Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well SO much for Scent Lock

Old 10-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Well SO much for Scent Lock

Like the good Doctor has been saying on here for years ...Scent Lock is a crock ....NEXT will be C'mere Deer ..C'mere Fish... Cmere Elk, C'mere Big Foot ....sooner or later

dd

http://www.heinsmills.com/scent-lok.html

A lawsuit for "Fraud" was filed in a Minnesota Court on September 13,2007, by Theodore Robert Carlson, Mike Buetow, Gary Steven Richardson, Jr., and Joe Rohrbach, against A L S Enterprises Inc. (Scent Lok), and Cabela's Inc., Gander Mountain Company, Bass Pro Shops Inc. and Browning Arms Company, all of which are either licensed by Scent Lok to sell activated carbon clothing, or are actively involved in selling activated carbon clothing. Activated clothing companies not listed in this law is Robinson Laboritories/Scent Shield, Gore and Whitewater.

The reason for the law suit was stated as "Diversity-Fraud", which may imply that these companies either knowingly made false advertising claims about activated carbon clothing, or they knew that the clothing could not and did not perform as those companies claimed.

You can view this case by going to
http://www.justia.com and clicking on the "District Courts' Civil Case" link in the second box on the left, then type in "Cabela's" in the "Name" category.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:14 PM

Default RE: Well SO much for Scent Lock

activated carbon does remove odors...as how much is the question...the carbon picks up all odors not only human but all

people make lawsuits all the time all people are trying to do is get free money or something else.. come on if you drink coffe and see steam hmm let me think it might be hot...well it was now i am suing because it burnt me....it is now the american way to sue people for anything

even scent companies are getting sued because someone took out some doe scent and it didnt bring in that big buck

those people will not win...all the studies that have been done on activated carbon on removing odors has resulted in that carbon does remove, not all but most odors that have been exposed to it in amounts.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

personally i don like puttin deer pee on my huntin overalls but if its attracks the monsters what the heck! but my opponion is with mustang its just pee and musk it doesnt attract only on rare hunts
Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have heard it works, but when you "refresh it" by putting it in adryer, it doesn't work becausea dryer doesn't get hot enough to truly refresh it.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Never owned it and never really wanted to. I know plenty of people who smoke like chimneys yet tag BUCKS every single year. So it made me think why would I want to spend $200.00 plus dollars when I can play the wind.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 PM

Scent lock works wonders for deer... they can't smell that well...

Pigs... heh... good luck.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The suit isn't about carbon clothes working or not, that's a fact, its about the reactivation aspects which from what I've read are against the laws of chemistry and physics.

It's also a class action law suit, which means the original filers will get very little, what ever is "settled" will be spread across all plantiffs, basically anyone who bought the stuff would be eligible.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Marko B

Scent lock works wonders for deer... they can't smell that well...

Pigs... heh... good luck.
What???????????
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

one a woman spilt coffe on herself from mc donalds and got like 6 mill not that she need it but she got it they may win if you remeber the paten just come back to scent lock because they said there was no proof that it works not or the tech.to see if it works or not. not saying it does or does not
if i fall at workand break my back because the comp i worked for was cheap and did not supply a harnessand can not work i should not sue my employer because all i am doing istrying to get free money

i am not saying theyshould get a dime but there are lawsuits thatshould be filed

and if the judgefind they new it did not workand sold it any way they will pay out the a**
ORIGINAL: mus_stang

activated carbon does remove odors...as how much is the question...the carbon picks up all odors not only human but all

people make lawsuits all the time all people are trying to do is get free money or something else.. come on if you drink coffe and see steam hmm let me think it might be hot...well it was now i am suing because it burnt me....it is now the american way to sue people for anything

even scent companies are getting sued because someone took out some doe scent and it didnt bring in that big buck

those people will not win...all the studies that have been done on activated carbon on removing odors has resulted in that carbon does remove, not all but most odors that have been exposed to it in amounts.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

I was reading the hype that goes with the laundry detergent UV Blocker and there is some very interesting facts about carbon lined clothing and how to take care of them. It mentions the fact that carbon does absorb odor to a certain point. When it is loaded, the odors are released at the same rate as it takes odors in. It goes on to talk about temps it takes to reactivate the carbon and at dryer temps they're talking about 2 hours in the dryer to reactivate 50% of the carbons absorbing abulity.
If you bought a carbon suit so you don't have to wash it so often, you're waisting your money and time. My hunting cloths probobly get more wear and tear in the laundry than in the woods.
I also want to add that the deer can still see you no mater how much scent ellimination you use. Opening day I was wearing my Scent Blocker suit and was busted from behind my stand. It was odor that got me busted, it was a little movement. I believe that movement was also glowing in the dark for the deer. UV dies and brighteners in camo looks good to humans but glows in the dark for deer. Since then I used UV Blocker on my mask and suit and I can see a difference in the "brightness" of my camo and last night I had 6 deer all around my stand and I got away with a lot of movement (full draw at least 5 times) and not one of them looked at me.
I talked to the customer service dorrector of Scent Blocker about 2 weeks ago and asked him if Scent Blocker was being sued like Scentlok. He sais no, Scent Blocker was NOT named in the law suit in Minn. He also said that he didn't think it would change the way his Co. advertised.

Quick Reply: Well SO much for Scent Lock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.