Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Taking Girlfriend Hunting

Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM

Default RE: Taking Girlfriend Hunting

I took my wife hunting once , now I have 2 great hunting partners . My wife and my 8 year old daughter. I take my 8 year old more than my wife , she wakes me when the deer show up(great little alarm ). I caught her once digging in a gut pile tring to find the bullet. she got into a fight with a boy at school when he told her girls cant hunt. He now knows better!( she made tough guy cry )
At 5 years old we spent4 hours in a blind togeather. I had to beg her for us to leave.
I put 5 pounds of corn on the ground 30 yds in front of us and gave her a pair of binoculars,she watched squirrels all day.

Take your girlfriend hunting , just dont force it on her!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:13 AM

Good stuff! See I got lucky. My wife is a farmers daughter. She's hunts anything edible, knows how to dress and serve all sorts of game. She shot a 12 point that we have mounted at our place. I still get sorts of heck over the fact that I havent shot a big enough buck "worthy" to mount!!!

She doesn't bow hunt, she's all of 5'2" and still shoots a youth model Remmington 20g cause her arms are short. We are a fun 1, 2 combo shooting clays, jumping pheasants, and rabbits.

Ive never sat in a blind with her before, but we do take turns pushing deer for one another. I couldnt ask for a better hunting "buddy". She's going to be 6 months pregnant so we're only going to add one more to our hunting team. And yes she's going out this year. She'll be sitting in a shack this year as I dont want her up in a tree being that far along but it wont stop her from helping to stock the freezer!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would take my girlfriend hunting, but my wife would get ****ed off! JK Honey.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

I took my wife hunting once..well, it was more like we went for a walk and I took my gun.

Things were going fine until she spotted some deer and yelled "Look at the deer."

I looked at them high tailing it to the next county.

We both still get a kick out of that.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:26 PM

Grizzly, that's great, I wish I'd thought of that.

Tom, we all know that's the exact truth. I've had that happen on several occasions. My hunts with the woman usually end up as a walk also. The thing is if I'm just going for squirrels or something small, she's gotta bring the dog too.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

What if she likes it and wants to go all the time. DON'T DO IT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!