Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Taking Girlfriend Hunting

Old 10-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Taking Girlfriend Hunting

I wish i could say my g/f's going hunting with me, that will never happen! She's to much of a city girl and not enough of an outdoors lady!Enjoy your time out with her!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I guess there are a lot of young bucks on this board and they find it exciting to have a girlfriend or new wife come along hunting with them. Live with a woman long enough and you will realize that it is BETTER if they don't come along! With the infinite amount of responsibilites in marriage and parenthood, hunting for many of us men just might be the only time we will have to ourselves away from the wife and family. You may think it's great to have her come along now, but in the future you will enjoy it more without her, this I can assure you!!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steve863

Well, I guess there are a lot of young bucks on this board and they find it exciting to have a girlfriend or new wife come along hunting with them. Live with a woman long enough and you will realize that it is BETTER if they don't come along! With the infinite amount of responsibilites in marriage and parenthood, hunting for many of us men just might be the only time we will have to ourselves away from the wife and family. You may think it's great to have her come along now, but in the future you will enjoy it more without her, this I can assure you!!
Sorry, can't disagree with you more! Just spent my 20th anniversary trip in Idaho with my wife, elk hunting. I'd rather hunt with her or my two sons than with anyone else or alone. Maybe I just got lucky in the wife lottery, but I enjoy pretty much anything we do together more than when I spend time on that same activity without her. I enjoy hunting alone or with friends, but she'd be my number one choice on any hunting trip.

Picture from our 20th anniversary trip:

Old 10-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Good for you Bob! You have a keeper!
Old 10-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well to try to stay on the original post....dont be surprised if it becomes a short hunt. Usually the first hunt she will get bored pretty quickly. Unless you have a herd of 100's of deer walking by your stand. Number one ..be patient with her. Dont wait till its 40 below to take her out either.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are some guys that want to do everything with their wives, and if that works for you I am happy for you. I love my wife also, but when it comes time to hunt I rather do it alone. My kids are too young to hunt yet, so I have a few years before I would be taking them(if I even have a good place to hunt by then!). Most woman are just not comfortable when it comes to roughing it for any length of time and as all woman do with most matters(and I WOULD take issue with any guy who says they don't!) they start complaining about one thing or another. I just don't want to hear any of this when I am hunting. As good husbands and fathers we put up with all their feminine quirks all other times of the year, and all we ask for is a few weekends away from it. Hunting for me is a VERY peaceful escape from all this and I think a little time spent away from each other every once in a while does not hurt in the least where both get a chance to do something away from the other.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:08 PM

No perfume, bring a small propane heater (they seem to be colder than us hunters) and maybe even bring a deck of cards to play while waiting for "the one" to come in...
Good Luck
Old 10-16-2007, 12:44 AM

My girlfriend would love to come hunting with me and she has been coon hunting with me a few times. I see it both ways, i wouldnt mind bringing her, but hunting has always been my escape. Also, deer camp during rifle season is mine and dads time to get away together and always has been. Other hunters in camp bring their wives with them but me and dad never have.

I will say that if she went, she wouldnt be afraid to get her hands dirty or anything like that.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:23 AM

well i guess im kinda lucky. I know i girl who isnt really considered my girlfriend but i spend more time with her than anybody but anyways shes really outdoorsy and when i say im going hunting all she ssays is "I best be going with you or your not going" in a kidding but yet serious way. She loves hunting and Ive taken her target shooting and shes not afraid at the least to shoot a 12 gauge or a .270. And ive heard from her family that she can hit 9 outta 10 sket with her favorite 16 gauge. And ill see bout thta this weekend in helen. But i know her well enough to know that shes extremly comforable in the outdoors. Wither it be hunting,mudding, or just going out to shoot at cans. Shes set.

So maybe they just have to be the ourdoorsy type.

I know the girl I dated before i met this one, i Knew there was no way you could ever even bring the idea up to go hunting its a waste of time to even say anything about it so i didnt.

Best advice i could give anyone is like everyone else
make it fun and comfortable and tell her to forget the perfume
Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM

Careful, if she likes it she may want to do it all the time. You could lose those quiet moments you have WITHOUT HER In all honestly hope it works out. I still can't find a girl that hunts.

Quick Reply: Taking Girlfriend Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.