Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Taking Girlfriend Hunting

Old 10-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Taking Girlfriend Hunting

I plan to take my girlfriend bowhunting in the next two weeks and was wondering what others may have for suggestions. She has never hunted before but does like fishing and is excited about hunting. Advice? What not to do?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Taking Girlfriend Hunting

Gag her mouth and duct tape her to the tree. Then she has no choice but to be silent and quiet. j/k
Old 10-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

Take her Snipe Hunting her first time out...she'll really wanna go back the next time!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell her to lose the perfume.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got lucky my girlfriend, hunted before i ever met her! maybe have her look away when you feild dress it, had a girl who was just a friend who had never done it before, had no problem watching me kill it, drag it, but got very squemish when it came time to field dress it! really all you can do is try not to get distracted by having her in the stand with you, cause it can get tuff when it is really slow going! or at least thats my problem! good luck
Old 10-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure she is comfortable. Bring extra warm clothes and try to help her feel as safe and comfy as possible.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: englum_06

Take her Snipe Hunting her first time out...she'll really wanna go back the next time!!!
Haha I love it. We've done that to buddies before. Best though with young kids.Its halarious. For those who don't know you take them out in the woods in the dark and tell them they need to walk around calling them by sayin "Here snipy snipy snipy" over and over againand tell them to walk ahead slowly and watch for them,(but dont give them a loaded gun) then you simply hide in the bushes and dissapear as your friend moves on calling. Your friend will soon realize this is a joke and they are standing all by themselves in the dark not knowing what is going on because you have dissapeared. Its a good one but you better make sure its a good friend otherwise they might not be your friend much longer. hahaWCL
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 AM

I wish I could find a gf that wants to go hunting. My last one came with me to the firing lanes and didnt like the M9 because it was too loud. lol. "Hunting is gross".[:'(] Drop by some scentless soaps and detergent the night before so she dosent smell like a summers eve when yall are out there. Have fun. Be safe. Sounds like a keeper.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:01 AM

Yah definitely tell her not to wear any smelly stuff, tell her you appreciate it any other time, except out hunting But as others have stated keep her as happy as possible, but when it comes to the gutting, suggest to her to go else where or not look cause its pretty gorey, but dont tell her to look away just suggest, women are very touchy when you tell them what to do
Old 10-11-2007, 01:44 AM
Fork Horn

my husband is the one who got me started hunting. He got me shooting a bow first, then he set up a blind in early season where we would see lots of deer. He also had me a comfy seat in there. As long asshe see lots of deer, andis comfortable she'll be good. Its really not a good thing to take a first time hunter out in freezing temps, andput them in a stand where they won't see many deer and be uncomfortable. That could turn her away fromhunting. Make it exciting, once she sees one, or gets one she'll be hooked. I am andI hunt every chance I get.

Quick Reply: Taking Girlfriend Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.