Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ticks

Old 10-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Spike

Default Ticks

I went in the woods yesterday to move my blind to another location, when I got home I had tons of little ticks all over my body. I was freaking out and it took me two hours and my wife scrubbing me to get them all off. Today I am itching like crazy. Does anyone have any tips to remove them or keeping them off my body next time I go in the woods? I dont want to wear repellent because of the smell. Help.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ticks

sounds like chiggers to me...
Old 10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've heard of people getting in areas of baby size ticks, but have never seen them. Use to I knew a few people that would take dog flea/tick collars and put them around the outside of their socks. Powdered sulfur will work also if plain old Outdoors Off won't.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:27 PM

In the south wecall 'em seed ticks. I had several hundred on me about a week ago. They are tiny deer ticks. It's hard to keep them off without some kind of repellent. Mostly you get them as you walk through the woods, brushing against bushes, but I have been sitting in a tree and the tree was literally crawling with thousands of 'em. Deep Woods Off stinks, but it works. My wife picks them off me with a small pair of tweezers, I take a hot shower and scrub hard, get out and she looks me over again. Sometimes it can be quite an experience when they get in certain spots.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:30 PM

I used to get them a lot but I found out that I would get them when I had to walk through really tall grass..I started taking a different route avoidingtall stuffand havent gotten any since..Did you walk through tall stuff the day you got them??
Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 PM

anyone else looking at this post humming the brad paisley song in their head or is it just me
Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Spike

I was definatley walking thru some tall grass, mostly grass that is like bamboo. If I apply "OFF", the deer will smell me, is there any no-odor repellent?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

If the deer are able to smell Off they will most likely smell you anyway.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:55 PM

I use a repellent called Maxi DEET made by Sawyer Premium. Its 100% deet, low odor forumula. Picked it up at Wal-Mart.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

get some repel with permamone it comes in an orangish can. spray it on clothing,boots and stand
whatever you carry in.
one application last about 10 days.

Quick Reply: Ticks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.