Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Stan Potts and North American Whitetail >

Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Old 10-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Default RE: Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

You know you really love hunting when you've killed 3 whitetails that score over 200 and yet you still almost bust a nut when you drop that 140 ten point. He needs to support hunter saftey systems....it's the only thing that keeps him from falling out of a tree stand after killing a deer.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Stan is great without him there is no North American Whitetail TV in my opion. I think its great he gets fired up. If it doesn't get your blood pumpin then you should probaly quit hunting
Old 10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Different strokes for different folks I guess "Matters"

dd
Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Nope, not pointing fingers at anybody, but if you look at the many forums on this site you will see very much of what I am talking about.
ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: honcho12

I know if I was given the opportunity to be on a show like that, get paid to hunt full time I sure would be excited to, as I think most of us would. Some people let envy and jealousy eat at them.
WOeeeeee Honcho I KNOW you aint talking about the Word Famous DOCTOR DEATH being envious or jealous ... Stan Potts aint got NOTHING on the good Doctor ....cept maybe a sponsor ...a TV show ..and 8 or 10 B&C bucks ....but if you think THAT makes DOCTOR DEATH jealous you obviously dont knowWHO I am

dd
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i don't know if some of it is an act or all emotion BUT what i do know is when you aren't excited after a successful hunt...you need to quit hunting.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: USAF_hunter

Not true Billy, he may sit in the same weather but he doesn't scout, hang his own stands,
Neither do people that pay an outfitter to do their leg work, so whats the big deal....
BHF I have no problem with someone using an outfitter (as long as it is not behind a high fence) when they go out of state or country for a hunt ...most only have a week or ten days which leaves very little time to scout ... I don't see much difference in a hunter who uses an outfitter or a guide to one who uses trail cameras to do their leg work .... but I do think that these TV hunters have the best of ALL worlds when it comes to hunting ...they have name recognition ...sponsors to pay for the trip ...the time to invest in the hunt ...the lack of preasure knowing if you dont score on this trip there's always the next one ...being put in the best stands in the BEST of areas ... a lot of these hunts Stevie Wonder COULD kill a deer ....but to act like you just made the kill of the decade EVERYTIME you shoot like Stan Potts tries to make you beleive is rediculous...IMHO

dd
I think there is more pressure to get the kill on "film" than no pressure! I see no problem with getting excited with a kill, if I don't get fired up when I kill one thats the day I stay home! Stan hunts his way, you hunt your way and I hunt my way, no need to bash anyone of us!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: USAF_hunter

Not true Billy, he may sit in the same weather but he doesn't scout, hang his own stands,
Neither do people that pay an outfitter to do their leg work, so whats the big deal....
BHF I have no problem with someone using an outfitter (as long as it is not behind a high fence)when they go out of state or country for a hunt ...most only have a week or ten days which leaves very little time to scout ... I don't see much difference in a hunter who uses an outfitter or a guide to one who uses trail cameras to do their leg work .... but I do think that these TV hunters have the best of ALL worlds when it comes to hunting ...they have name recognition ...sponsors to pay for the trip ...the time to invest in the hunt ...the lack of preasure knowing if you dont score on this trip there's always the next one ...being put in the best stands in the BEST of areas... a lot of these hunts Stevie WonderCOULD kill a deer ....but to act like you just made the kill of the decade EVERYTIME you shoot like Stan Potts tries to make you beleive is rediculous...IMHO

dd
I think there is more pressure to get the kill on "film" than no pressure! I see no problem with getting excited with a kill, if I don't get fired up when I kill one thats the day I stay home! Stan hunts his way, you hunt your way and I hunt my way, no need to bash anyone of us!
BHF seeing as how I started this thread ....I suppose your referring to me when you say "bashing" ....I made my position known and it is "MY" position which I think I am entitled to on this forum ...and he IS a "pro"..a public figurewhich opens him up of criticizim ....I will agree with you that most all of usshow excitement when we harvest a animal but IMHO his is just a bit over the top (kinda like Steve Spurrior)... just not for my tatse just like Ted Nuggent ...some other might like them and thats fine but this was MY thread so if you call this "bashing" when I state my honest opinion then thats YOUR opinion and you know the old saying about opinions ...as for more pressure while on film I would beg to differ my friend ...what pressure ..when you know if you get skunked or miss that when you leave its cost you nothing (free hunts) ...and that next week you will be in Texas ...then the nest week Iowa ...then the next week Kansas ....so on and so forth ...I mean WHAT kind of pressure is THAT ...for the average guy who has to pay a months wages to go on a hunt like that now THATS pressure !

dd
Old 10-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

yeahh, stand potts does get excited, but man he is good hunter!!! one of my favorite hunters to watch on vid...
Old 10-13-2007, 11:45 PM

He is hard to watch sometimes. My girlfriend always makes fun of him while he is on.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:53 AM

I love stan. After he shoots the deer his eyes get all googly.

Quick Reply: Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.