Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Stan Potts and North American Whitetail >

Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Old 10-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Guys I have come to the conclusion that Stan Potts must be on speed or something because after watching several North American Whitetail episodes he goes NUTS after taking a shot ...either he is on amphetamines OR he took a LOT of drama in school ....almost makes me think he might be on steroids the way he acts .....I mean I get excited when I pull the trigger but MAN this guy is like Pete Rose ...almost a nut case ...have any of you noticed that or is it just the good Doctor?

dd
Old 10-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Stan is definetly very exciteable when he takes a deer and is not one of my favorite people to watch but I think thats just the way he reacts.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

He sure does get fired up when he kills a big one, more power to him! I'm not a big fan of hunting shows but I will watch Stan Potts, I like his style!
Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I seen this kind of reaction first hand. He was at the southern trophy hunters show and he was hanging at the hunters safety system booth next to ours. We pulled out our 192 inch sheds and he instantly got fired up. He picked them up and looked like a 50 year old at a booby show. It was priceless.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, Stan is way over dramatic but alot of others are the same way. Maybe it's just me but I just dont hoop and holler like they do on TV. I would like to see some of the out takes ol Stan does.

The thing that gets me is that on North American Hunter as well as others they seem so suprised when the buck of a life time comes out in the alfalfa field and they take it, come on..... with todays technologies, scouting etc I am sure they know exactly what's in the area and it's just a matter of time and video tape before ol mossy horns steps out. The Drury brothers usually show plenty of video and pictures of the deer they eventually take.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

He picked them up and looked like a 50 year old at a booby show...

Quite possibly the funniest analogy I've heard in awhile! I nearly spit Mt. Dew all over my screen when I read it....you bastage!

GH
Old 10-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can you JUST imagine having Stan Potts and Ted Nugget hunting in the same camp ....which one would be the "Alpha Wolf"

dd
Old 10-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is not just you DD. I can't stand to watch Stan Potts. Unfortunately, he is not the only overly dramatic hunting show personality.

I predict that Nugent and Potts would kill each other if they were together very long.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Bartender

Yeah I get a kick out of watching potsy. Give me a second Did you catch the muzzy moment with that deer on the porch roof?

Hello Double D
Old 10-06-2007, 09:59 AM

Stan is the man!

I get nearly that excited about most any deer I get. I guess some are just too spoiled? He kinda reminds me of an "older" fisherman I met one time. He used to really like to say "SON" when he caught a good one. Ring any bells w/ anyone? Yes, he had his own show too.

Quick Reply: Stan Potts and North American Whitetail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.