Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Trying To Figure This Guy Out

Old 10-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Trying To Figure This Guy Out

Lived by this Guy for 15 years and he just don't make sence.I was coming in from Deer hunting seen him out in the yard so I thought I would stop and see how he was doing.

He came to the Pickup,making it clear he was Packing as usual.Asked if I had done any good? Told him I didn't.We got to talking about another neighbor and how he was mad at me killing 6 Deer off my place last year.That I was killing all the Deer.Then this Guy says I hope you kill every D** one of them.Then it hit me on what he thinks.

He has a hatred for Deer.Just don't make any sence,he has no Grain Crops,just Cattle.When I first met him he was bragging about gut shooting Deer.He had a bunch come in there,hunted all season.Killed a bunch of Deer just left them lay Yes the Agents know of this just haven't caught them.

But my question is why would anyone think this way,and be very serious about their thought?

big rockpile

Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Default RE: Trying To Figure This Guy Out

Hard to say for sure, but maybe he is cervidphobic?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:20 PM

Pretty much the same question as a why would anyone want to kill another person, sure dont make sense to us at all, they just got a screw or two loose.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:28 PM

maybe a friend or family member was killed in a wreck involving a deer.....hmmm
Old 10-03-2007, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: lethalconnection

Pretty much the same question as a why would anyone want to kill another person, sure dont make sense to us at all, they just got a screw or two loose.
I totally agree!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:53 PM

Its not that uncommon of a thought among farmers/ ranchers. You have to understand that they are trying to make a living offwhat the land can produce.Every deer that lives on his ranch is eating food that could be going intohis livestock. For the grain cropper every ear of corn is one less in the hopper. For the Alfalfa grower every deer inthe fieldequals lesshay crop. As they see it the deer are stealing money from their pockets.

I'm not saying that I agree with them, but I do understand where they are coming from.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:53 PM

I was recently informed of a person VERY close by to me doing the same thing. (within a mile) Now, I have to 2nd guess taking some "smaller" bucks if I want one at all. I was told this guy is shooting EVERY deer he can and leaving them laying. Problem is, I don't know who exactly he is. [:@] I wish I did. []
Old 10-03-2007, 12:55 PM

delete

Old 10-03-2007, 02:13 PM

Our local poacher just roadhunts them while drinking pints of whiskey. But he is no landowner or a farmer like your neighbor. As long as he is breaking no laws, why do you care what he does on his land?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MasterE

Our local poacher just roadhunts them while drinking pints of whiskey. But he is no landowner or a farmer like your neighbor. As long as he is breaking no laws, why do you care what he does on his land?
Well he is breaking all kinds of Laws.They just can't catch him.He use to set the woods on fire.One time the Forestry Plane was flying over and he shot it down.One other time they had him spotted,he had a Guy with a Fertilizer Truck down there,he just got in front of the Truck,they lost sight of him and he made it home.

As far as Crop damage there is none.He just turns his cattle into the woods and lets them have at.

One year him and his buddies set 10,000 acres on fire.One of his buddies got caught.That was the year I was surrounded by fire for days,couldn't go no where.Forestry told me I was going to lose my place,but I proved them wrong.

He is kind of mad because I bought my place on the Courthouse steps after he lost it.

No I just don't really know what is the deal with him and Deer.

big rockpile

Quick Reply: Trying To Figure This Guy Out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.