Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Dumb-dumbs ruined my opening weekend and I need to vent >

Dumb-dumbs ruined my opening weekend and I need to vent

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dumb-dumbs ruined my opening weekend and I need to vent

Old 09-24-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Dumb-dumbs ruined my opening weekend and I need to vent

Well in Tennessee the 22nd was our bow opener and soon as work let out on friday me and my best friend loaded up my Sierra, hooked to our little camper and was off to my hunting property. We've never had any trouble from any of the other property owners before and usually its pretty calm over there. It's a really great spot, lots and lots of deer. Nothing big that i have saw there or on mycam but I'm meat hunting for bow season. We got in a little before dark, went in and set up our stands got everything ready and kicked back for the evening. Well we see start hearing some noise coming down the road maybe 75-80 yards from my property. Apparently the owner of the ajoining property had cleared out a decent spot of his land and had probably 6-9 people down there for their little "deer camp". And until about 2:30-3:00AM they sat up drinkin and talkin and hollerin all evening/morning and even had some little bicycle horn they kept blowing and laughing. I was gettin' abit ill but due to undying optimism i tried to tune it out and hope they would be in hunting mode in the morning and be quiet and the deer might *not* be terrified. Well about 5:00AM me and my buddy are up in our stands waiting for daylight. Finally about 7:00 it was good and light out and we were ready for some action. Well. I hear about 3 4 wheelers fire up, i hear the bicycle horn along withsome woman talking VERY loudly, few people hollerin yeehaw, wooooo, etc. Then I hear a couple trucks fire up. Next thing they are burning the road up like there's no tomorrow. They hunted till about 8:30-9:00 that morning and decided it was time to go back to camp and party the morning away. We gave up and headed back to the truck. One of the guys pulls up in his Budweiser shirt on his 4wheeler and says somethin along the lines of "hey boys hows it goin? see any deer? I know I aint seen a thing. guess you heard us partyin' last night, we gota late start. you'll probably hear us tonight, we like to crank up the ballgame on saturday nights, ya'll can come on over" So I was like uh..well nice to meet ya, thanks for the warning...I think we're headin to the house in a few. So he went on and we left. Came back Sunday morning to the exact same thing and we tried to still hunt abit too but their group was running everywhere road hunting and kinda killed that too. I'm gonna give it a few days to quiet down and head over a few evenings after work and hopefully I can get some deer for the table. Sorry for this bein so long but dadgum people are just stupid. I'd had more piece on public land.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dumb-dumbs ruined my opening weekend and I need to vent

That's too bad -- some folks are idiots. Nothing against having fun, but they don't need to act like the world revolves around them.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

We've never had any trouble from any of the other property owners before and usually its pretty calm over there.
Were these people the property owners ?
If not maybe you should go and tell the property owners.
And they can have them leave.

Sounds like they spoiled it for you & your buddy.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry about the few bad apples spoiling your opening day. Hope the season goes better for ya'll. Good Luck.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gotta put that opening weekend stuff behind you. There's alot of season ahead - look forward to that!

Now the million dollar question................

Are these yahoos gonna be around regularly? If so, some stragety is going to be necessary.

Maybe one of them is driving drunk????? A little call to the law?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks.......Hope these idiots have jobs that have to return to during the week. At least your close enough to go out during the week after work. I would have a talk with the land owner, maybe these turds are leasing and he can boot their rear ends out.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:27 PM

to me that wuld be fight waiting to happen
Old 09-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Keith Miller

to me that wuld be fight waiting to happen
Seems real smart.........[&o]
Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Have you considered that any deer they spook wll very likely circle around them by crossing the property that you're on? Stranger things have been known to happen. At the end of the day it's their property to do with as they wish, adapt or move on.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

I guess Iwas the idiot when I first bought my Farm.Get in here had a Guy camped on it.It came to gun play until Survey Markers were pointed out.

Then he sets up Camp where I can see his Tent from my Back Door.My Hounds would howl all night.He came over in the middle of the night complaing that he drives all this way for piece and quite and have to put up with my Dogs.But its been this way every year for the last 15 years,him coming over complaing about my Dogs,Kids,Livestock,whatever.Plus he says I'm killing all the Deer.

Thing is he bought his place thinking no one would buy this place and he could use it too.Last year he offerd me $1,000 an acre my place I told him I would need twice that.Then he said he was going to divide his place and put Trailers in there.I think just trying to scare me into selling.

Either way we live next to 8,000 acres of public land and we have to put up with more people every year.Thing is I have another place I got a Cabin next to 52,000 acres of public land,but last year within 200 yards of my Cabin people had 5 Stands.Me if I hunt up there to make an effort to get away from so many I'll use a Boat.

Either way its getting crowded out there.

big rockpile