Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Disgusted with Dick's Sporting Goods >

Disgusted with Dick's Sporting Goods

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Disgusted with Dick's Sporting Goods

Old 09-24-2007, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Disgusted with ****'s Sporting Goods

it's simple to me, if you don't have the product than don't publish ads that say you do. if you don't know exactly what is coming in each shipment, hold off on the advertising until the gear comes in. to me, lie'n to people to get them to come in and buy other merchandise is not a way to achieve repeat customers.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

The ads dont come from the store in your area, they come from much higher. The sales flyers arent a lie, the stuff is still on sale.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:25 AM

Has anyone seen a hunting forum around here? I could swear there used to be one, but all I can find are tall tales and shopping tips.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunatly, Diicks is the only place I have locally unless I drive about 90 miles. I only buy at Diicks if it's a emergency.

Gallred, Sorry HNI isn't what you expected, hunters talking about hunting, buying equipment, and such. Maybe you should try another site?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sjsfire
Unfortunatly, Diicks is the only place I have locally unless I drive about 90 miles. I only buy at Diicks if it's a emergency.
Ditto... "Richard's" Sporting Goods is a total joke and a waste of time for hunting/shooting supplies. [:'(]

Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Dominant Buck

We have a new onein the West Side (about 10miles) and a new onein the South Side (about 30 miles)..........I still drive 70 miles to Bass Proin the East!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

In response to what Lubricioussaid about his experience working at Bass Pro, I currently work at the sporting goods store mentioned in this post. I can honestly say that I agree with all of the complaints listed in this thread. The supply chain for these stores is horrible. The ads are almost always misprinted. It is a pain in the a** to get any gun that is not on our shelf to the store because they all come from PA. But as Lubricious said earlier it does not give anyone the right to bad mouth the sales person. I have dealt with so many customers who tell me they drove 45 minutes to the store and how dare we not have the one item they are looking for and on and on. We hear this all the time and there is not one thing that a sales associate who works there part time is going to do to change the problems of a big chain store. Lubricious touched on another thing that rings trueto me. The friendlier you are to me the more helpful I can be. There are a few ways you can cheat the system but I am not going to go out of my way to help someone who wants to b**ch me outfor something I have no control over. It all boils down to the golden rule.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

NO matter how terrible the store is I would have to agree with D rock its not the workers fault , I tell the manager ( who is a friend of mine) at wally world , why do they get nice rain jackets but never have rain pants , it takes both to stay dry in the outdoors . This year they dont have hardly any six pocket pants in MO SSY OAK ,or REAL TREE or other items of clothing he tells me they quit letting the managers do the ordering for the most part , its all done from higher up doesnt make since to me but hey thats the way it goes
Old 09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like that store. I don't think they have that much of a selection but I always get great deals on $59 15ft ladder stands and recently a couple of small but sturdy hang on style stands for $29 (50% off). I also have been able to find decent camo on clearance. Like I said they don't have much but I don't go in with high expectations. I look at them like a Sports Authority or other stores like that, they sell Sporting Goods, and a little bit of hunting stuff. I do hate advertising things that you don't have in stock, I usually call first to avoid that.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

When it sounds to good to be trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dd

Quick Reply: Disgusted with Dick's Sporting Goods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.