HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   unkillable? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/207451-unkillable.html)

yakuza wiz 09-17-2007 07:41 PM

unkillable?

there is this buck in my neck of the woods...and it's starting to become strange that nobody has ever had a good shot at it..
he beds behind someones house...
and always has.
we've tried to drive him out late in the season, we've tried to stalk hunt him...archery, just about every way has been tried...we've seen him while stand hunting and he has never given anyone a shot.
and everytime someone has seen him, he's running.
i've been seeing him for at least four years now.
it's easy to identify him.
he has a short wide rack..and from the last time I saw him he had five points on one side and that was two years ago...
and someone just told me today they saw him on my hunting land...
there are a lot of hunters around me and none of them have ever gotten a shot at him...it's starting to drive me crazy.

anyone ever have something like this happen?
what did you do?
this year i'm making a push to take him down.

Pickerel 09-17-2007 07:43 PM

RE: unkillable?

Happens to every deer I've ever seen man... I'm hoping to change that this season though!

Steve F.in MD 09-18-2007 03:03 AM

The oldest, smartest bucks become vulnerable during the rut. Wait until November and then go after him. Good luck.

MasterE 09-18-2007 03:22 AM

Have you tried using game cameras ? See if you can pattern him down somehow?

N2Design 09-18-2007 08:51 AM

Open the back door of that house. Once he's in the kitchen...well, you know...

timbercruiser 09-18-2007 01:15 PM

Put a pack of Black and Tans on his butt and cut him off......

bryant1 09-18-2007 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Put a pack of Black and Tans on his butt and cut him off......
AMEN! But I hate to say you still might not get a shot.

AccountingDawg 09-18-2007 01:48 PM

Bring in one of your buddies that has never hunted befor and put him in a pretty decent stand... Bet ya he gets a shot at the monster... That's how it always seems to work with me anyways...

cjwink 09-18-2007 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: AccountingDawg

Bring in one of your buddies that has never hunted befor and put him in a pretty decent stand... Bet ya he gets a shot at the monster... That's how it always seems to work with me anyways...
No doubt..

Bocajnala 09-18-2007 09:28 PM

We had a buck like that for four years. I hunt in a party of between ten and twenty guys depending on schedules and we mainly put on drives. We had a buck that stayed in the same hollow for four years. We all saw it, but no one could ever hit it. I saw it three of the four years. Always while I was a driver and it was always just a tail and a WIDE rack bouncing away. It was finally killed by a truck. My uncle was there and it was a thirteen point with a drop tine on the left side. It had a 24" rack which for area of Pennsylvania is UNHEARD of. I wish someone would have got it before the truck...grumble grumble grumble....