Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS) >

Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

Old 09-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Good buck.. Love the drop tines.. Looks like South Tx from the brush..
Old 09-19-2007, 10:08 PM

Damn now those are what you can consider true brush country monsters......
Old 09-20-2007, 03:25 AM

COOL PICS
Old 09-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Post should read, hey everyone whats up I'm new here, this is my first post so look at this deer my friend has in his High Fence ranch in texas The cost will be $50,000 if any of you want to come hunt it. Doubt your buddy is going to try taking it this year like you state. What kind of chemicals/steroids are you guys aloud to use down there to get them that big? Nice sales add BTW.

Sorry for the bash, but come on first post, and not even a hey guys my name is so and so I am new here.

Rich
Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow!! Awesome deer, that thing is unreal[8D]
Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: mbruizer187

Post should read, hey everyone whats up I'm new here, this is my first post so look at this deer my friend has in his High Fence ranch in texas The cost will be $50,000 if any of you want to come hunt it. Doubt your buddy is going to try taking it this year like you state. What kind of chemicals/steroids are you guys aloud to use down there to get them that big? Nice sales add BTW.

Sorry for the bash, but come on first post, and not even a hey guys my name is so and so I am new here.

Rich
Actually that deer is on my place, and I am the friend he was talking about. I sent him pictures and put them up on my website for the people that have hunted on our place before. He knows I have posted on message boards because I have shared with him some of the negative feedback I have gotten from hunters in other parts of the country, and asked me if I was going to post them here. I said no, because I knew exactly the reaction I was going to get. We grew up hunting together as kids, actually my dad and I were the ones that taught he and his twin brother to hunt. I guess he decided to post them and see for himself. Now he knows.

I've explained my place before on boards and it never makes a difference. When we bought it, it had a high fence on 3 sides and our neighbor to the north fenced off the last side 10 years ago much to my chagrin at the time. So now we have 4200 acres under HF, which is sadly becoming the norm for South Texas. I'm not going to say it doesn't help specific deer get older and keep us from getting overrun by deer from outside, it does. But it certainly doesn't make them any easier to hunt. They aren't "steroided". They are the same deer that were here before the fence went up and are every bit as wild.

My father and I have this place for our own personal enjoyment. We hunt it. We aren't trying to make a living off of it. We sell the opportunity to hunt here to help us pay for supplimental feed, labor, equipment etc.

He and I aren't "selling" these deer. We are hunting them ourselves. The opportunity for us to have these kinds of deer to personally hunt is why we go through all of the trouble in the first place.

Anyway, I've watched this post for a while, and finally decided to pipe in.

To everyone who just appreciated how truly special both of these bucks are, thanks. We've worked very long and hard to make sure that we had the opportunity for something like those two deer to be running around.

Edit: and by the way, that certainly isn't the title for the thread I would have chosen if I had posted it.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Marko B

ORIGINAL: mbruizer187

Rich
Actually that deer is on my place, and I am the friend he was talking about. I sent him pictures and put them up on my website for the people that have hunted on our place before. He knows I have posted on message boards because I have shared with him some of the negative feedback I have gotten from hunters in other parts of the country, and asked me if I was going to post them here. I said no, because I knew exactly the reaction I was going to get. We grew up hunting together as kids, actually my dad and I were the ones that taught he and his twin brother to hunt. I guess he decided to post them and see for himself. Now he knows.

I've explained my place before on boards and it never makes a difference. When we bought it, it had a high fence on 3 sides and our neighbor to the north fenced off the last side 10 years ago much to my chagrin at the time. So now we have 4200 acres under HF, which is sadly becoming the norm for South Texas. I'm not going to say it doesn't help specific deer get older and keep us from getting overrun by deer from outside, it does. But it certainly doesn't make them any easier to hunt. They aren't "steroided". They are the same deer that were here before the fence went up and are every bit as wild.

My father and I have this place for our own personal enjoyment. We hunt it. We aren't trying to make a living off of it. We sell the opportunity to hunt here to help us pay for supplimental feed, labor, equipment etc.

He and I aren't "selling" these deer. We are hunting them ourselves. The opportunity for us to have these kinds of deer to personally hunt is why we go through all of the trouble in the first place.

Anyway, I've watched this post for a while, and finally decided to pipe in.

To everyone who just appreciated how truly special both of these bucks are, thanks. We've worked very long and hard to make sure that we had the opportunity for something like those two deer to be running around.

Edit: and by the way, that certainly isn't the title for the thread I would have chosen if I had posted it.
Dude, you don't have to defend yourself to these guys!

I hunt on 10,000 acres of land that we lease which is high fenced on three sides in SW Texas. We do the same thing. We have several paying members of the lease and a few sold hunts that we use to pay for the lease, feed, stands, etc. I can vouch that those deer are just as wild as the deer that I hunt at home. I can also vouch that just because you put a high fence up does not mean that you will automatically produce deer like the ones in your pictures. It's not a deer farm where the deer are all raised and handled by the owner. They are all wild Texas whitetails. You simply practice good quality deer management, and hope for the best. It takes a lot of work and know how, not to mention a little bit of luck.

Congratulations! Those are 2 very nice looking deer! Best of luck this season. I hope you get him or both of them!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 AM

non-tpical. great deer though! dont get me wrong, great deer.body isnt as big as i would want a typical of that count to be
Old 09-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say you are doing a good management job. You are lucky to have such an operation. Good luck with the upcoming season.

Quick Reply: Biggest deer in Texas (PHOTOS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.