Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 blue tongue in southeast ohio pics end of pg 2 >

blue tongue in southeast ohio pics end of pg 2

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

blue tongue in southeast ohio pics end of pg 2

Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: blue tongue in southeast ohio

I live in marietta, washington county. Well we found 2 bucks on our farm one is about a 125 inch 8 point. The other is a perfect little 10 point prolly a 90 incher. The smaller one really had good genetics it looks like he is only a 1 1/2 old deer. Our neighbors found 3 does. So that brings the total count to 5 bucks, and 4 does right around our farm. We still have alot of deer running around hopefully its over because the deer we found looked like they have been dead for a couple weeks. We haven't really found anything that has just recently died.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:48 AM

Here is a good article from the Ky Fish and Wildlife website on the EHD problem in Ky.

http://fw.ky.gov/newsrelease.asp?nid=204&NavPath=C105C122C581C6 44
Old 09-21-2007, 10:24 PM

thats such bs,work your herd then some parasite can take it all away like nothn,what causes these diseases does any1 know
Old 09-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I think just stagnated water from the long dry summer. the bugs get the disease from the water then pass it to the deer.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

well we have found 2 more deer, and they're pretty fresh. The night before the first morning. We were out on the deck of our cabin. We heard this weird hacking noise. It was really creepy sounding. It was moving around us. Finally it moved out of our hearing down to the creek. We hunted the next morning, and decided to go see if we could see tracks in the creek of what was makeing that noise. What do you know a fresh 8 point laying dead in the creek. I don't know if thats what was making that noise or not, but what a coincedence? Then midway through the hunting week we smelled something dead up one of the hollows. We went up there, and the biggest buck I have gotten a picture of this year was laying there dead. Its a big 9 point probably mid to high 130's. So that makes 4 bucks, and 1 doe we have found on our property so far. I wish it was the opposite 4 does and 1 buck.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Yes! i live in southern kentucky, one county around me found six thousand deer dead, the county next to it found four thousand, in the county i live in they have not added up how many but if i had to guess probably around 800 or 900. There have been rumors goin around that deer season for us is gonna be cancled becasue they think they will get wiped out
Old 10-08-2007, 01:47 AM
Spike

That is terrible what a shame. I am with you on the water being stagnant causing the blue tongue. I am down in athens county and I am sure its going on down this way too, I guess we can only hope not [:@]........Shaun
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Spike

There is a report that 37 were found in the burgettstown area (Near Pittsburgh) On Sat I found one 20 yards from my tree stand when the sun came up. On Sun I checked a couple of ponds and found 2 dead in one of them. This was found in Oakdale PA, a sub of Pittsburgh ( Alleghney County)
Old 10-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Well my Dad took a picture of the 9 point we had a trailcam picture of. The picture doesn't really do the rack justice. It is 18 inches inside spread. We found another dead buck too, but it was a scrub. It had like a spike on 1 side, and weird on the other.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

here he is dead

Quick Reply: blue tongue in southeast ohio pics end of pg 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.