Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how many of you..

Old 09-12-2007, 04:34 PM

Default how many of you..

Do NOT wear camo? Last year was my first hunt and I bought a black jacket and black overalls and I saw more deer then the guy I was hunting with all his camo on! I Didn't shoot any cause they were all does and I only had a buck tag. Got 2 doe tags this year though!
Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how many of you..

Heck, when I started hunting, they didn't make camo, just hunted in my blue coveralls...
Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 PM

I wear camo, cause here in Missouri you can shootdeer and two turkey with abow. I'm sure you would be fine not wearing any, but I think while bow hunting you could move around a little more and not get spotted.I just fill more comfortable wearing camo let alone there are alot of turkeys out there!
When riffle season opens I wear what ever is warm and of course orange. Good luck this season.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm always amused by guys in Illinois that dress head to toe in camo and then throw blaze orange over it. I think the last deer that i killed i was wearing jeans and an Iowa hawkeyes sweater.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

IF I ever wear camo, it is either a t-shirt or a jacket, but generally I wear whatever I work in.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Heck, when I started hunting, they didn't make camo, just hunted in my blue coveralls...

NO JOKE!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I'm always amused by guys in Illinois that dress head to toe in camo and then throw blaze orange over it. I think the last deer that i killed i was wearing jeans and an Iowa hawkeyes sweater.
I wear full camo under my orange vest during deer season and they have never seen me unless I happen to move. I would rather have just the orange sticking out rather than blue jeans and a regular coat.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the last deer that i killed i was wearing jeans and an Iowa hawkeyes sweater.
Thats because the deer was laughing at the shirt you were wearing! lol I always wear blaze orange when Im deer hunting...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:19 PM

I think it depends on what you are hunting with and where. If you are on a field edge and have a 150 yard shot then your odds are good that the deer aren't going to notice you. From what I understand is that deer do not see different colors but there vision will show a lage object in the skyline on 20 feet in a tree. The camoflauge will break up your silhouette. Alsodeer can see Ultra Violet, so when a deer see thetypical blaze orange is appears to the deer as bright yellow. There is a new fabric made by a company called Covert Orange that is supposed to look like grey to deer. Typically, we wear camo (realtree) head to toe all the time and the minimum orange requirements toconfirm to the game laws.

JMO
Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear wool pants in earth toned colors and wool or fleece plaid shirtswhen it's cold and regular khaki-type cargo pants and a light plaid flannel shirt when the weather is mild.I do have a camo hat that I wear and I use face paint instead of a headnet.I will wear camo when hunting turkey in the spring,though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.