Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Cost of Deer Tags

Old 10-02-2007, 02:32 PM

Default RE: The Cost of Deer Tags

In Tn I had to pay 28 bucks for a hunting license, plus 28 bucks for archery permit, plus 28 bucks for gun, I was shocked, its my first year hunting in tn
Old 10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

17 for fishing 17 for the hunting license then 25 for the first deer tag you get to with that then 25 for the first bonus antlerless license then 15 after the first
Old 10-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got two either sex tags for Illinois firearm season. One full season and one second season only. $30 for the two.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 PM

What state is that, I never heard of a lifetime license? You don't need tags to go with the license?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:48 PM

I don't know what the individual tags here in Oregon cost. I always get what they call the sports pac.

for 130 dollars you get your hunting and fishing license, and tags for steelhead, salmon, deer, elk, bear and cougar.

You can of course also apply for the controlled hunts and special hunts as well at additional fees.

Not a bad price for year round outdoor sporting.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Youve got to look at all the enjoyment we get out of it. In comparison look what it cost to take the littl lady out to eat and a movie, or just going down to the local pub for a couple of beers. For the amount of enjoyment I get out of a $24 Wi archery tag its well worth it. Now when you start talking about buying a out of state tag somewhere, thats a little different depending on where your going. Whole different debit there!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:02 PM

The disparity between resident and non resident is huge. Oregon general season deer tag 19.50 resident, non resident is 264.50, resident black bear 11.50 non resident is 151.50

The one that made me cringe is the bighorn sheep. resident 101.50 non resident is 1,083.50

sure seems like they don't want folks coming in from out of state. Personally I think this not only hurts hunting in general but local and state economy as well.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

In Tn I had to pay 28 bucks for a hunting license, plus 28 bucks for archery permit, plus 28 bucks for gun, I was shocked, its my first year hunting in tn
This is also my first year in TN, at Ft. Campbell. I'm from Arkansas, and they sell a Resident Sportsmans License for $25 (just small game is $10.50) that covers all small game and a total season limit of deer. It also covers you for modern gun, archery and muzzleloader at no additional charge. Here in TN, I have to payan extra $28for each different weapon. I didn't know I was so spoiled in Arkansas.

http://www.agfc.com/hunting/license-info-hunting/hunt_license.aspx
Old 10-03-2007, 04:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

i wastold the reason out of state tags cot so much is becauseof to reason one is they figure out of state hunters have the money to spend second is they have it so high as to give the local boys a chance and if it was cheap there would be to many out of state hunters
Old 10-03-2007, 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Nathan67

This is also my first year in TN, at Ft. Campbell. I'm from Arkansas, and they sell a Resident Sportsmans License for $25 (just small game is $10.50) that covers all small game and a total season limit of deer. It also covers you for modern gun, archery and muzzleloader at no additional charge. Here in TN, I have to payan extra $28for each different weapon. I didn't know I was so spoiled in Arkansas.

http://www.agfc.com/hunting/license-info-hunting/hunt_license.aspx
If all you hunt is on post you can just get a ky license, its cheaper,$36 bucks...

Quick Reply: The Cost of Deer Tags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.