Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

IM FURIOUS

Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: IM FURIOUS

doc's orignial post said he leased the land from people that live in VA - it did not state the land is in VA.

how much land is leased? and do you know what the affected area of the release is?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

Oh man... that's horrible! Sorry to hear about that bro... What was the leak, asbestos?
It wouldn't be asbestos. The hazards w/ asbestos is inhaling asbestos fibers. It wouldn't be traveling through a pipeline and it couldn't affect the groundwater.

I'm thinking a chlorinated solvent or some petro-chemical; however, there is no telling w/ a chemcial manufacturer like DOW.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

It turns out that the spill was even worse than they hed first imagined. The lease land is in Louisiana. The landowner did not have a lease for the pipeline land because the previous landowner signed a 10 year lease with Dow chemical and it is only 7 Years into it.

The IA JAG told me that there was nothing he could do since he was a federal trial lawyer. I'm trying to cantact a state lawyer for a consult, but I'm running on a fairly low pay check, so I'm looking for someone to do it for free/cheap. ITS NOT EASY.
I don;t want to take the landowners to court because their friends ofmyfamily.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

The closest town to my land is about a 45 minute drive. I lease 820 acres, but the landowner next to me has 300-400(He told me but I forgot). He was kicked off of his property also. The hunting club across the highway from me were allowed to stay on their land, but I think that the DNR is still evaluating the effects on the wildlife over there.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Spike

Any update?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

Oh man... that's horrible! Sorry to hear about that bro... What was the leak, asbestos?
I'm sorry, but that just made me laugh...ASBESTOS in a pipeline??? Think about it.

And 36fan is correct, if it was a major release, then the soil will more than likely need to be excavated and if the groundwater is contaminated, then DOW will have to pay for the remediation process, which could take years.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

My advise is to hunt out of state.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:37 PM

wow
Old 09-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

that really sucks....hope things work out for ya...
Old 09-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can not blame you for being furious I would be too. [:@]I hope that this gets taken care of rather quickly and That Dow Chemical has to pay for the cost of it all. Good luck with this....

Quick Reply: IM FURIOUS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.