Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 scouting for deer and found POT!! i think >

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Old 09-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

HEY SHATO HAVE YOU EVER DRIVEN ABOVE THE SPEED LIMIT? IF SO THEN YOU ARE NOT ONLY BREAKING THE LAW BUT YOU ARE ALSO ENDANGERING THE LIVES OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.

IMEAN HONESTLY I REALLY HATEWHEN PEOPLE ARE HYPOCRITES. YES YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUROPINION BUT THAT IS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT COUNTS. AT LEAST GETER STATES HIS OPINION AND RESPECTS EVERYONE ELSES.

SO ANYWAY ACCORDING TO YOU WE SHOULD BE CALLING THE POLICE ON EVERYONE THAT WE SEE DRIVING ABOVE THE SPEED LIMIT. IN FACT IAM PRETTY SURE THAT PEOPLE WHO SPEED HAVE PROBABLY BEENRESPONSIBLE FOR MANY MORE DEATHS THEN PEOPLE WHO SMOKE POT. TRUST ME I DO NOT SMOKE NOR DO I CONDONE IT BUT I RESPECTPOSTS FROM PEOPLE WHO DO. I THINK YOU CAN SEE MY POINT HERE.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: longislandhunter

SO ANYWAY ACCORDING TO YOU WE SHOULD BE CALLING THE POLICE ON EVERYONE THAT WE SEE DRIVING ABOVE THE SPEED LIMIT. IN FACT IAM PRETTY SURE THAT PEOPLE WHO SPEED HAVE PROBABLY BEENRESPONSIBLE FOR MANY MORE DEATHS THEN PEOPLE WHO SMOKE POT. TRUST ME I DO NOT SMOKE NOR DO I CONDONE IT BUT I RESPECTPOSTS FROM PEOPLE WHO DO. I THINK YOU CAN SEE MY POINT HERE.
NO IDON'T SEE YOUR POINT!!!!! By the way take off the cap locks! If you compare the growing and selling of Pot to speeding then I can not reason with you. the two are polar opposites. The truth is that your original statement says it all to me. You know that you should turn them in, but you won't because you are SCARED! Thats the bottom line.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you over the legallity of marijuana. I don't care. I don't care if you take a drag every evening to relax. My point is the growing, cultivating, and distrubution of an illegal substance is dramatically different from driving 5 MPH over the speed limit.

The people who do these types of unlawful acts are most certainly dangerous. You are right to be concerned for yourself and your family. The bottom line is, are you going to allow fear or common deceancy win. And I will stand by my statement that if you do nothing, all the while knowing in your heart that you should turn them in.... Then sir you are chicken chit! That is the truest definition of the term in my eyes....

You can type at me with your cap locks on all day long. It won't change my mind on the subject. You obviously do not care if you have my respect or not, so don't let my words bother you.. I will go on thinking my way, and you can continue to go through life with no moral compass. You can let the winds of public opinion sway you this way, and let fear of retaliation sway you that way. In the end you will be as lost as a soul can be.

Do the right thing! More than what you think, is at stake here. Your own self worth will be damaged. There are worse things to be scared of than dope growers. Once you start turning your back on your morals you are opening yourself to doubt and self loathing.....

You will be happier with yourself if you do the right thing. Sometimes a man just has to stand up for whats right, even if no one else stands with you.

"Get thee behind me Satan!"

Old 09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

First of all the caps lock was on accidentally. By the time I noticed i already had the first three sentences done so i left it as is.So if you took it personally then i apologize. i am man enough to do that as it was purely accidental.

As for everything else that you wrote I think you sound utterly ridiculous and i am sure many would agree. If you want to be a Martyr then by all meansgo for it. Don't sit here and tell me about doing the right thing. You say i am scared as if to put me down. no i am not scaredi am smart, obviously smarter then you. This is not about being brave or tough as you make it out to be using words like SCARED and chicken chit. stop trying to put me down. You obviously are not concerned with doing the "right thing" when you use words like that. it sounds like you want meto do the "Manly" thing. Give me a break. You must have been bullied when youwere a kid.

There is only one thing thatI am willing to risk my life for and that is Jesus Christ. Don't ask me about giving you resepect when the first and only post I ever received from you was one to put me down, one that questions my honor and integrity. Just who do you think you are?

One of the worst things a person can do in life is judge other people. Keeping taking on the role of God and see who ends up really SCARED in the end. I hope you change your way of thinking.

Your probably one of those tough guys that thinks its best to keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.I prefer to have only friends and itry not tomake enemies. You should try doing the same.

You will get my respect when you apologize for disrespecting me but i am sure you are too much of a "Man" to actually acknowledge you did something wrong.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: longislandhunter

There is only one thing thatI am willing to risk my life for and that is Jesus Christ. Don't ask me about giving you resepect when the first and only post I ever received from you was one to put me down, one that questions my honor and integrity. Just who do you think you are?

You will get my respect when you apologize for disrespecting me but i am sure you are too much of a "Man" to actually acknowledge you did something wrong.
Do whatever you think is right, man. I will not apologize for anything I said. If you think that I'm wrong then you're entitled. I've got my morals and what you're doing violates all of them.

I wasn't insulting your honor or integrity. But, you took offense to my statement because deep down I think you know I'm right. I have no need of the respect of someone who looks the other way, when someone is obviously doing something illegal.

Think whatever you want to of me. Re-read my posts. I wasn't trying to judge you, I was trying to encourage you to do what you know is right.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Trust me I never really expected that somebody like you would ever trulyapologize. Maybe you should reread the first post, you came off like a real condescending jerk. Posting the definition of honor that is a real jerk. Now your back peddling and trying to say you were only encouraging me.

I guess that is your way of apologizing so thanks for "all ofthe encouragement".

BTW apology noted !!

Have a great night.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

longisland - i never got this question answered, and i think it matters a litte, not much, just a little how many plantswas it. i keep hearing about growing and selling, maybe someone just wants to smoke...? it doesnt seem like that was ever considerated - again we dont know so it doesnt matter, im j/w

shato - like i said, you have ur opinion, but i dont understand how you can determine which illegal activity is bad enough to report? how about someone speeding 20 miles over? do you report them? it seems like your saying some illegal things are ok, but not others...?

then you said what if a family went hiking and came upon these people...doesnt that prove that they could be dangerous, and maybe a marijuna grower is a legitimate reason to be weary when thinking of telling or not? seems like a contradiction, your saying we (longisland, you me) should be tough enough to turn them in, but a family hiking should be afriad?

also, if they are growing for smoking, i really doubt they are dangerous. people who smoke marijuana are prob. the most mellow around and just want to mind their own business. again, we dont know what would be done with the pot, so we cant speculate, im just saying that i dont agree with that statement. that being said, i dont think putting his life at risk is worth it if indeed this marijuana belongs to a "serious" criminal.

there are obviously worse things to be scared about then growers. but just answer one question, and that is all i really want to know: if he is in his treestand hunting, walking out alone out night (or with his wife), and he knows that he turned them in, and hes pretty sure they know he turned them in, they have his information and vehicle make, why would you want him to put his life or property at risk? again, this convo has sort of swayed to discussing the right and wrong of marijuana use and selling, which wasnt the originnal question. you want him to sit in his treestand and worry about retaliation, then walk out at night unarmed? and dont say "dont worry about some pot growers, they arent dangerous" how do you know that? it might be tony soprano lol. my point is that you are not he-man and cannot stop all retaliation, so why try to or put urself in that situation?

i think maybe if ya smoked a little pot you would relax, feel different and want to mind ur business regarding the situation (lol, that is pretty much a joke, i just had to add it, sorry)
Old 09-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

"when good men do nothing"
Doing the right thing is NEVER easy, but it is still the right thing.
Turn them in, and find somewhere else to hunt for a year or 2.
If they are so "harmless" why are You afraid to turn them in ????

The next person to stumble unto these law breakers operation may be My daughter while she is out hunting.

Just remember, the right thing is NEVER easy, You know what is right, or you would have never posted.

Slack
Old 09-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Well put ShatoDavis, I agree with you 110%.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Ithought it was threebut my wife says she only saw two ofthoserubbermaid storage bins with a lot ofplants in each one. Definitely not a huge field of them.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

You guys crack me up.

"You knew what is right or you would have never posted"

What the hell does that mean. If i knew what was right I wouldn't have asked for advice. You make no sense. Why would I post a question if i knew the answer?

You guys are entitled to agree with Shatos view on this but I think you would agree that the way he started on this post was out of line and childish. He could have said in my opinion you should do this. instead he questions my honor and integrity. Honestly the guys seems like a real jerk off the way he posts on herebut that is just my opinion.

Quick Reply: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.