Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 scouting for deer and found POT!! i think >

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Old 09-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

ORIGINAL: geterdun3

1. it is funny because meth and weed are completely different. i understand they are both illegal, but you were talking about the legalization, and it is a chance, IMO, that in the future marijuana will be legal. i know that meth never will be becuause if its effect on people. thats why amsterdamn its legal, they have the right idea in my book. its a different type of people who use each one. you cant compare people who smoke a little weed and people who smoke meth. that is why its funny to me.

2. alright, so you are saying there is a limit to what you will turn in? just speeding isnt dangerous enough? they must be swerving? that is sort of what i am saying- im saying that marijuana isnt wirth turning in and having problems, you are saying it is. by what ur saying, i would think you want to stop all illegal activity, (speeding) but i guess you can jus pick and choose which illegal activity is bad enough to report...right? speeding cant kill people, they must look like they are drunk for it to be a problem, correct?

3. he didnt say how many there were. he said he found some tubs with plants in them. he didnt say he found 1000 tubs, he said some tubs. it could be 5-6, which would make it obvious that maybe its just some kids who want some marijuana to smoke. i see we have different views,and you feel im an idiot, so i will not replyto you any more and tolerate that. if you cant talk without name calling lol then its not worth my time, i have given my point of view and what i would do, just like this man asked.

im not digging myself a hole at all. i frankly could care less what you guys think. its my view and if i ever am in the same situation, i would do what i just said. you are making assumptions, saying its a dealer ,which you dont really know, and true, i dont know its not. this isnt even really on the topic, the guy said he had some fear of the people, and is it worth it to turn them in and possibly be retailiated against, i said its not worth it. talking about drug dealers and all sort of isnt what the guy asked.
i understand its illegal, like i said, i didnt say they were legal - at all -i said marijuana im my book isnt that evil, but thats not why i wouldnt report them, i wouldnt report them because it would put my family at danger. im not a cowboy from the 1800s who carries around a 40 caliber pistol and wants someone to start trouble, i try to reduce the amount of tension i have between myself and people.

sieera - well you go and argue with that tree. i wasnt arguing. i was posting a response to the mans question. i dont argue over the internet. i dont see how my statement was that off-couse, meth and marijuana are completely different type of drugs, the people who solely use each one are completely different. but it doesnt matter, you have my opinion, so does he, and obviously noone can give their view without thinking lesser of someone else. i will do what i do, so will longisland, you guys will have the man turn in these people, and be nervous when he hunts there at night for fear of retailiation, to me its not worth it.
what he is saying is it is not just a little pot that he would be turning in it is a large supply for dealers to sell to kids

dope might not do as much damage as meth but it is a gateway drug i have known alot of people who smoked but the take a few pills then he lets cook some meth and i knew a kid when i was in highschool who started smoking dope and went from a a+ student to a dropout just on pot if you were talking about a little batch i would say leave it alone but your talking about a truck loan or more no one grows that much dope for them selves

but the point it mute more then likely if he was going to turn them in he would have already
Old 09-09-2007, 10:10 AM

I say your duty as an american citizen is to turn him in. If you dont, then you may be just as acountable when/if the law does get involved. That is just how the law system works. Do what you belive in but try and remember who will buy the drug and how it will effect their life. Good luck with your decesion and have no regrets.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

good luck longisland, just do what you feel is right and safe. thanks for the debate guys, keeps me sharp [8D]
Old 09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

POT is not the gateway drug!!!Bet you that 99% of drug users got their start on warm beer pinched from home. The feds call it a gateway drug because they don't want to focus on the far bigger problem with kids which is booze.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

send a letter with site location enclosed to the local pd. , then forget about it........
Old 09-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

but what happens when hes hunting there by himself and walking out at night? or what happens when his car is sitting out vulnerable. they do know who he is, his vehicle and maybe even his tags.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Spike

your still talking
Old 09-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

isnt this a forum? mind ur business if you dont like what i say.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pot is not nearly as harmful to this society asalcohol.

That being said, it's kind of hard to know what to do as it would depend on the size of the operation (I know long island alluded to the size in the original post, but I'm afraid I'd have to see it for myself to figure out what I would do)

I would probably not turn them in for growing it no matter how large it was...not because I would be scared, just because I don't agree with the law regarding pot.

I would probably just act like I never saw it and keep hunting there, but my point of reference comes from WV where I would not really be scared of even large "garden" owners (as they're all probably goodol boys (if not they'd be too scared to go in the woods around here, because the may "look like a hawg!! Squeel!!!")). NY though, may contain a more "sinister" character protecting there assetts, so my comfort level there may be to find another spot. I may even report them if I was severely irratated enough about their potential threat to me/my hunting spot.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Spike

[quote]ORIGINAL: geterdun3

isnt this a forum? mind ur business if you dont like what i say.
[/quot

Quick Reply: scouting for deer and found POT!! i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.