Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-07-2003, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How can I get this buck?

a good old drive will do the trick if you know where he beds....if not..only luck can help you...and with a drive you may not kill him.....
Old 01-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Who
Nontypical Buck

To the poster of HNI questions.
Why do these questions get e-mailed? Why not suggest to them to come to the board and ask? Would cut down on your posting? They are going to have to come to the forum to see the answer anyway.
Rick

Lifes not about knowing the answers, its about asking the questions.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Let's re-phrase that last post, most big boys are nocturnal towards the end of the season if you go hunting during the prime rut there is a good chance you will see your big boy. If you don't get him this year he will be even bigger next year. Good luck w/your bagging your buck man.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have a buck behind my house which has given me fits for the last three years. There are plenty of signs from day to day that tell me he has been there on a regular basis. The other 8 and 10 point bucks come out all the time but I just can't seem to get the big boy to come out. I know this is the question that all hunters want to
know, but I will ask anyway for you might have an answer. Now that it is late in the season, and I am tired of wasteful days in the woods not seeing him &quot;how can I get him to show himself to me before the end of the season? I just can't wait another year. He seems to be moving at night only.

These are questions that people have sent Hunting Net by e-mail. We post them here so you can help answer their questions.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 01-09-2003, 09:08 PM

Not a sure fire thing and depends on how much time you have left, but try to reprogram his clock by usin a scent dripper. As these release scent as the temps rise( usually being after sunrise). If not enough time this year try synthetic scents preseason next year. If this doesn't work kill your scent the best you can(aka ScentLOk) , find his bedroom and get in it long b4 him, use this only as a last resort as if you blow it he WILL change up andf you'll hafta start again from scratch. Drives work exceptionally well but you'll need to know his escape route(s). Sometimes the big ones do the least expected such as bedding in areas others wouldn't think twice at lookin 4 him in ( open fields ,hedge rows, I've even seen them bed in gardens in Oct bow season!!!!) Hope this helps!!!