Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scented and waterproof dirt??

Old 09-03-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Scented and waterproof dirt??

I was introduced to a new product today that has been around close to 20 years, but had never seen. The owner put on a demonstration and showed off a bag of dirt impregnated with a scent and the dirt was waterproof. It was very interesting and he claims it lasts longer than anything on the market. Anyone ever heard of Scented soils or used it?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scented and waterproof dirt??

UH.... what do you do with it?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:11 PM

Basically create a mock scrape, but the local deer will continue to come check on it - because the smell doesnt go away like just using a liquid on the ground.... The local will pee and paw and create a bigger scrape and continues to frequent because the scent stays potent. If it rains it wont wash away. It was a darn interesting product. He calls it Deer dirt!
I just wanted to find out if anyone has heard of it, it has the potential to take the deer scent market by storm!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

OK, never heard of it.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I read about that in one of the many hunting magazines I have sitting around the house. It seems like an great new product. I just tried to go to their website www.deerdirt.biz and it says that it is under construction. It seems like there have been a lot of different non-liquid scent products lately. Has anyone ever used 24Seven granulated scents http://www.mdroutdoorgroup.com? Ithought about trying those out lastyear but never got around toordering it. You have to loveall of the toys we have to play with.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like another gimmick to get the hunters money.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:08 AM

How did the guy demonstrate it?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:00 AM

The website is www.ScentedSoils.com
Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Spike

Seems it would be easier and cheaper for a bottle of Tinks.[8D]
Old 09-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Thats what my response was, but the amount of time this lasts vs buying tinks or any other scent it seemed to be a great idea! Its like the Fusion deer lick and the claim that it lasts longer than the liquids and gels ect... The idea is close to the same. They want one product that lasts longer so you dont have to keep buying more product. I can imagine the rest of the deer scent makers wouldnt be happy. The demo showed the waterproof nature of the product and how-to use it.

Quick Reply: Scented and waterproof dirt??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.