Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A deer lick that works!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:59 PM

Default RE: A deer lick that works!

I used to use the buck jams myself and liked the response to it. I just didnt like the fact that hogs, coons, and other critters were licking it up as well. I had good success with the buck jams several years ago in Brownwood, Texas. I had several 140-150 class deer coming into it. I got introduced to the Fusion lick and like the fact its hard cooked and controlled consumption which means it doesnt seep into the ground and can be screwed into a post or tree where hogs cant get to it. The persimmon flavor is doing great for me this year. Have already shot my limit of doesoff the Fusion licks. Waiting on a big buck now. Its been a couple weeks since I have seen any bucks in groups, maybe its getting close to go time.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:13 AM

WITH MY EXPERIENCE USING MINERALS AND ATTRACTANTS, I ONLY HAVE GOOD RESULTS CERTAIN TIME OF THE YR. USUALLY WHILE THEIR GROWING THEIR ANTLERS.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 979Hunter

What did you think of the product Warny?
Love it.
Got an 8 pointer thanks to it.[8D]
Old 10-21-2007, 04:02 PM

I would love to see a picture of your deer from last year Warny! I am not good with pics and posting, I guess I need to spend some time on the computer before the deer woods call on me...... geeeese what am I saying - temporary insanity!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:43 PM

hay one on one what type of minerals did you use?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Guys, you need to look at the new product Big River Wildlife has come out with, its a hard cooked block that attachs to any tree or stump and its made of peanut butter and everyone knows how deer love peanut butter..
www.bigriverwildlife.com is the website...Thanks George
Old 10-23-2007, 11:19 AM

Big River, I have a brother and Dad in Arkansas and they have tried your product. Neither of them thought it even compared to the Fusion buck licks, it fell apart and didnt last nearly as long... they tried it to do a comparison, and they didnt think there was one. Sorry! Ill stick with the Fusion deer licks I can buy from Gander Mtn, Cabelas, Sportsmans... I tried the new persimmon flavor and have had good success getting does on them, even though they have plenty to eat right now. Thanks though.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 AM

Forgot to mention, Big River if you want to check out the Fusion block go to www.iscrewfusion.com, it will give you a good idea of what they have been making. Good luck with your hunting this year.