Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Facial Hair a tradition during season? >

Facial Hair a tradition during season?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I let it go and grow a grizzly adams
20.55%
I have a trimmed beard or goatee
41.10%
I usually have some scruff
26.03%
Nope, nothing, smooth as a baby's bottom
12.33%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Facial Hair a tradition during season?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Facial Hair a tradition during season?

My dad grew a beard every hunting season until a couple years ago when it grew in grey. He since has stopped and I am going to carry on the tradition by letting it grow out the weeks I am off for hunting season.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

I shave once a week so I am always scruffy. Have had a mustache and goatee for 11 or 12 years. I shaved it offone timeand got ID'ed for milk..

I will grow my goatee long to aggrivate the wife to no end. She threatens to trim it while I sleep. 4 inches long now and says I look like a troll or a billy goat. Wonder what she says when its 6 inches long?
Old 08-31-2007, 01:17 PM

Since I retired from the military in 2002 I think I've only shaved my face twice. Once was for this girl at a strip club, the other was for aFilipina I met in South Korea while working as a contractor.

The things I do for love...

Other than that, a hair trimmer is the only thing I use to keep the grizzly adams look at bay.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have a goatee all the time, mostly always trimmed, and I only shev the rest maybe once a week, but as hunting season gets closer, I grow a full beard, and it is more comparable to a "Chuck Norris" beard than Grizzly "Adams", but it isn't red like chucks. I don't like it when it gets too scruffy. Nothing better than a little natural camoflauge.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Year around tradition for me! I might shave/trim once every 2 weeks. I always have a beard, just let it grow from August until spring a little longer that normal!!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My beard is on year round summer or winter. Give it a trim every week. It’s been like that for years and I have no intentions of getting rid of it even if it’s getting white...
Old 08-31-2007, 03:23 PM

I stay shaved closer in hunting season than I do in the off-season. Stubble snags my facemask.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:39 PM

Me withorangecap third from left. Makes you blend in with the trees and besides it is just warmer.

But this is an interesting thread. Just always had a beard during winter.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I quit shaving oct 1, and dont shave again until dec 31. The rest of the year i grow a gotee
Old 08-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering if anyone else let theirselves go like me during Deer Season?

I've always had a mustache but when it gets closer to Deer Season I used to grow a full beard years ago,the last few years it has been the Goatie like Tim McGraw.After Deer Season is over I usually cut it off but since I have been going Bow Hunting the season last longer and so does my Goatie! [&:]

I have noticed at work how everyone else seems to start getting scruffier when Deer Season rolls around and the weather gets a lot colder.....guess I better start letting my Goatie grow out so everyone knows it Hunting Time! LOL

Quick Reply: Facial Hair a tradition during season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.