Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 IS THIS A WILD STORY OR WHAT!!! >

IS THIS A WILD STORY OR WHAT!!!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

IS THIS A WILD STORY OR WHAT!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:02 AM

Default IS THIS A WILD STORY OR WHAT!!!

This story seems to be true, backed up with pictures of the deer. Pretty crazy stuff and never heard of anything like it. Goes to show that deer hunters really respect the sport.
http://huntingcorp.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=790853%3ABlogPost%3A1261

Old 08-31-2007, 06:35 AM

Default RE: IS THIS A WILD STORY OR WHAT!!!

Great story to start the day off with.

thanks
Old 08-31-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard of this happening, but never that far out away from land. Around our coastline near where I hunt, people running deer with dogshave randeer into the marshes where the deer know they can getaway from the dogs. A former boss of minehunted next to the marsh where he killeda 132 (gross score)9pt thatwas both wetwith saltwater and stunk like it. Apparentlyit liked to swim also!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:45 AM

Yeah, I guess it is always possible. I just never realized how good of swimmers deer can be.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:46 AM

great story
Old 08-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

My boss saw a buck in a local pond that was frozen over. He video'ed it busting up the ice in front of him to keep going. Don't know if he finally gave up and turned around to go back through the path he made or gave out and drowned. The following morning when going by the pond I could see where he still had about 15ft of ice to break to make it to the other side.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

South of where I live is the Choctawhatchee Bay. People that use to dog/deer hunt in that area said that it was fairly common for deer to swim the bay. It is about 8 miles across. They said a lot of the dogs would drown trying to cross.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool and heartwarming. Thanks for sharing that. The fact that the deer may be shot and killed by a hunter later in the year takes nothing away from the kindness and compassion showed by the two fisherman, who will probably hunt this fall also.
It may be ironic, but that doesn't take anything away from the act
Old 09-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool Story Hunterspaces....!

2 of my friends were out fishing on a 10-15 Acre Lake just a month ago when a Buck ran down to the Lake and swam right past them while they were in their small boat.Something had chased it and the nice 8-Point Buck was doing everything possible to get away.The area where they were had been severly damaged by a tornado last year and still had lots of downed tree's all over the property.We figured that a few Coyote's or even a Bobcat had cornered the Buck while it was trying to find a way out of all the downed tree's and was exhausted when it finally ran down to the lake and swam across,when it reached the bank on the other side it stumbled several times after it got out and ran off into the woods.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

What part of SE MO.are you from GTOHunter?Im from Sikeston,Mo.

Quick Reply: IS THIS A WILD STORY OR WHAT!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.