Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Worst Hunter Of All Time

Old 08-30-2007, 04:17 PM

Default RE: Worst Hunter Of All Time

IMO being a "good' hunter has alot more to do with than just shooting. even if he did straight up miss, i would call him a bad marksman if anything, like i said if he found that monster, he must be somewhat of a "hunteR" cool video tho
Old 08-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

A wise man once told me, "Never make fun of someone else's shooting, you may be next."

I agree with Marko - if you haven't missed, you've not been hunting very long or you're lying. If you haven't missed yet, be confident that some day you WILL miss.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

As was mentioned, we just don't have all the details. I've missed a deer closer than that - and it wasn't my fault... I shot like 6 times at it - I couldn't understand what was happening - couldn't belive my eyes

My scope was dead on when I tested it just before the hunt, however it must have got bumped while I was out hunting - after the whole ordeal I walked back to the truck not saying anything to anyone, took the cardboard box with our food in it, dumped it out (of course everyone else in my group is watching me at this point wondering what's going on) set it out at 25 yards and it was so far off I almost didn't hit the box.

My point is - sometimes S*** happens [:@]
Old 08-31-2007, 12:39 AM

Right right SouthDakotaHunter. I had the same problem two years ago. I missed a buck two times at 35 yards due to my scope. Luckily he stayed put so I could look under the scope and use iron sights.

But anyways, misses like this have happened before and will continue to happen.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

the adventures of m.t.hands and TDWW, you guys know how he likes too clown around, welleverytime i would start to squeeze the trigger he'd nudge me and go "well is ya gonna shoot are whayt" on the third shot i just aimed for the fernum, and wah lah...

now like paul harvey says "you know the rest of the story"

I'd go with Jackie Bushman. I hate that guy. [:'(]
the tennis pro, turned hunter[:-][:@]
Old 08-31-2007, 06:05 AM

HAHAHAHA, love the comment about Jackie Bushman. Cracked me up.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:28 AM

I was at a hunting ranch where one of the other hunting parties was a father & daughter. She was about 17, I'd say. They werehunting exotic rams.

One evening, the guide drives up with them plussome poor ram that had been shot at least six times--one shot had broken a leg, and the poor thing was bleeding from multiple holes.

Yes, it was still alive. The guide had presumed it was dead, tossed it in the truck, and driven in, but the ram was still moving, though clearly it was a goner.

It turned my stomach.

I hope that girl never shoots at another living thing, or at least not until she's learned how to handle a rifle.

So I'll take this guy's clean misses over wild shooting that tortures some animal.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:50 PM

it just was not that deers time
Old 08-31-2007, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

I agree if you have never missed that "buck of a life time" you haven't been hunting long enough. I have missed my share one was a 200 class whitetail at 40 yards with a rifle the scope was fogged and on 9x in the trees. The other was a 167 5/8 10 point that I shot an inch over his back at 30 yards with my bow.( My cousin ended up killing him with a slug) they all still live everyday in my mind. Like they say $%^* happens... thats why we keep going. if it was easy to kill mosters then it wouldn't be as enjoyable.
I hope everytime something happens to me, guys don't think I should quit hunting.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

The same thing happened to Jeff Foxworthy, when he was hunting, and he missed twice with a MUZZLELOADER!!!!! And the deer didn't run because a pack of coyotes was howling their heads off.So on the last shot, his THIRD, he finally got it.

Watching that video was like the 1992 election.

Quick Reply: Worst Hunter Of All Time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.