Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tripod Stands?

Old 09-07-2007, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Tripod Stands?

I set up a 14' at my last lease and never went into a box blind after that worked well. . . . .hung some camo burlap around it and was good to go.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Gorilla brand Quad Pod is the best I've ever seen. Picked it up at Sam's this time last year for $200. 16' tall to the gun rest. Very solid.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: npaden

For some reason I don't really want to setup one of the full box stands that seem to dominate the landscape around my property. I've been looking at the tripod stands and Academy has a Strongbuilt 16' tripod stand with a deluxe 40"x40" platform for sale right now for around $220.

This seems like a pretty good deal and at that price I could put 2 or 3 up around my property in prime spots for alot cheaper than a regular blind.
What are the drawbacks for putting up these tripod stands? Anything in particular to look for?

Here's a link to the stand in question:
http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/stands_tripod

I would be using it for deer and wild hogs.

Thanks, Nathan
The draw backs are the elements, not good on cold rainy days, for bow hunting, I seem to get busted all the time in them, my hub blind works much better. A tree stand also works better for bow hunting, if your just rifle hunting then they work just fine, if you can stand the cold or rainy-misty days.
I have two hub blinds now, theyre cheaper and work much better, my tripod is now furniture in my backyard. LOL
Old 12-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Spike

Latest light weight tripod deer Stand are available at Hunting Stores