Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Everyone's Favorite Recipe???

Old 08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Everyone's Favorite Recipe???

2 lb roast
1 can beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet dry onion soup
1 can mushrooms
1/4-1/2 cup salsa
Coat roast with flour and brown in 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Add all other ingredients and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for several hours stirring occasionally. Serve gravy over rice or mashed potatoes. Scrumptious.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 PM

My favorite recipe is very simple, but I haven't found anything else that tastes as good. I coat pieces of backstrap in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Fry them in butter with onions, mushrooms and garlic.

I also love teriyaki jerky. I just don't use a dehydrator. I cut the meat myself, and then I use a sewing needle and fishing line, and string it up. It takes a little bit longer to dry that way, but I just love it.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

wow, eeyore props on doin it the ole fashioned way, i use a dehydrator and complain about it taking too long! i am impatient with my deer processing not hunting thankfully! anyone else got some recipes that keep you going back to the woods for more meat!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Soak Veni steaks in water, pulsing the meat to remove as much blood as possible.

Mix 1 part terioki (spelling??) sauce, 1 part Olive Oil (enough to cover meat), and let soak for a couple hours.

Sprinkle seasoning salt, pepper, and garlic powder on steaks and grill.

Don't over-cook!

My favorite!
Old 08-29-2007, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice and easy honey backstarps!!!
1.Cut up some back straps into 1 inch cubes and marinate them in honey over night.
2.wrap eack piece with a 1/2 a piece of bacon
3. Cook them over an open fire wood of your choice..
I use these baskets I found at wally world in the camping section that work great, they hold the meat firm so it's easy to flip them!!!
Enjoy Walt
Old 08-29-2007, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Venison Picante

Very easy to make and tastes awesome.Slice meat very thin(like minute steaks)put in crockpot and add a jar of Pace Picante sauce(hot,med. or mild-your choice).Cook on low heat til done and serve on a good roll
Old 08-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Deer meatballs

1lb deer meat
2 pieces of bread ripped up place into a bowl and add 1/2 cup of milk to soak
1 egg yolk (no white)
1 small onion minced fine (I also use onion flakes if need be)
1 clove of garlic minced fine
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
little dash of nutmeg

Dump all into a food processor and pulse till it startes to roll together, push back down and pulse2 or 3 more times.

Cast iron skillet medium heat plus one tab of butter, put you noodles on to good during this time.

roll them up into 1oz. size balls and cook on all sides, remove from pan add to tall sided pan. Add your meatballs and put in your sauce of choice, bring sauce up to temp. Remove from heat, strain your noodles and add to pan of sauce and stir it all up and serve.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Deer cheese dip

1lb of deer meat ground up like hamburger (some people add some fat when doing this)
brown in pan.

In a crock pot add a big block of Velveta cheese cubed, dump in one jar of your favorite salsa. Wait for the cheese to melt stirring it on occasion. Add in your deer meat and stir some more. Leave it in there for about 20 minutes to all mix and mingle.

Leave it in the crock pot on low and serve with your favorite dipping chips.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was trying to think of a good way to fix deer steak and I came up with this. My dad loves it and so does everyone that eats it. It will make even the toughest buck meat tender!

Good Deer Steak (couldnt think of a name)

Crushed Red Pepper
Onion Salt
Garlic Salt
Your Favorite Dry Steak Seasoning ( I use Kansas City Style)
Worchestershire Sauce
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Medium Onion
1 Tablespoon of your favorite Hot Sauce

First you take the worschestershire sauce and fill a small marinating dish with it until it covers the bottom. Then Add everything else to your liking.Chop up the pepper and onion then place the steak into the marinade for about an hour or less if you dont have that much time. Place the steaks and the rest of the marinadeinto a glass baking dish. If the steaks soaked up all the worschestire sauce youcan add a little more.Turnyour oven on 300 and bake until its done.

Its very easy and the oven makes the meat so tender....im hungry now.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 AM

I like this with venison or beef....

steaks or chops for each person

thin slice on med. onion and sautae in butter in large frypan, and set aside
put meat in same pan and cook until nearly done, set aside
make a medium thick gravy, scraping the pan
when done, add sour cream, salt and pepper to taste
return meat to pan and finish cooking
put union on top of meat and gravy, let it warm up,and set the pan on the table , and everyone dig in

Quick Reply: Everyone's Favorite Recipe???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.