Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Mens Outdoor and Recreation Network >

Mens Outdoor and Recreation Network

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mens Outdoor and Recreation Network

Old 08-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Spike

Default RE: Mens Outdoor and Recreation Network

The mens channel went bankrupt....it has nothing to do with the services that carried it. The channel isnt paying their bills they will no longer be aired. Its a simple concept. You guys need to understand that outdoor tv has very little importance in the tv network world. Most would rather dump it then run it. If it wanst for the productsponsored shows it would probably be non excistent, their willing to spend the money to see themselves on tv so the system works..for awhile..this isnt the last train wreck you will see IMO.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not too surprised they went bankrupt, as you say the hunting viewing audience is probably a small percentage. A month or two ago when DISH dropped them they said they were in negotiations with MOR's owners and that part gave me hope. I hope the "Old Buzzard's" boys have a good hand on their Outdoor Channel.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:03 AM
Spike

I would really hate to see the outdoor channel and verses go way. There must be someway we as sportsman can influence these decisions.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:10 PM

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned this...but I'll bet that the PETA supporters are dancing a jig somewhere out in the woods.

I just upped my service on DirecTV the other day to add the $12.00 OutdoorChannel. The only problem is that now MOR is gone I have nowhere else to go for hunting programs when VS and OC start airing crappy programming like Tap Out, or other mundand and boring psuedo sports.

I'd gladly pay if another channel would pick up their hunting programs.

Don't know what to do with my nights now...no coyotes around here that i know of.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:24 AM

MOR's parent company got caught up in a complex deal with EchoStar which owns Dish. Dish tried to force them to renegoiate a contract they had recently signed. When MOR wouldn't do it, they dropped MOR and seven other networks owned by MOR's parent company. Lawsuits were filed by both sides and now you see the end result.

It sucks. I've been a producer in the hunting and fishing industry for 20years and have seen deals like this happen. Remember TNN? Now, there's a lot of good shows and good people (I had no shows on MOR) with no place to go. Outdoor Channel can only take so many.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:50 AM
Spike

Well hopefully the channels that are out there will continue to thrive and survive.