Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting = Dog Fighting

Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Hunting = Dog Fighting

ORIGINAL: farm hunter
I haven't weighed in much on Vick - but honestly - I see Vick as a product of what the NFL and unfortunaltely the NBA is becoming - a bunch of overpaid thugs - that maybe don't know right from wrong - and sadly think that they are above the law because of their monetary status.
Pretty much hit it the nail on the nead there! Maurbury probably frequently bet / participated in the Vick dog fighting ring and doesn't want to see it go...
Old 08-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Boo hoo for those guys making millions. [:'(]Vick isn't a victim of anything but ignorance. Ifthey have such hard legal or ethical decisions to make when you are making that much money, hire someone to help you make them.
I saw the Marbury comments as I was leaving for work yesterday, it made me sick walking to work. No connection to hunting.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM

The way I feel about it is mike should get a reall big fine and atleast a year in prison . Ive never seen a dog fight so im not gonna judge any one on it . I know they shouldnt of been torturing the dogs like shocking them beating them ext . I know nothing about dog fighting thats why im not gonna get into something I know nothing about . I own game cocks I know everything about but dogs is another story .
Old 08-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Political Correctness at work ... before long we will have to let the dreaded housefly walk!
Violence is violence... (tongue in cheek)
Old 08-23-2007, 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: BKE
Someone needs to ask these guys this "if dog fighting is the equivelant to hunting then how did the dogs taste" ?
The flavor of dog is somewhere between pork and chicken. It was quite good and was served with a citrus sweet and sour sauce. I will say that those were not fighting pit bulls, but a little Filipino dog raised just for eating.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont even wanna see that headline.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

Someone needs to ask these guys this "if dog fighting is the equivelant to hunting then how did the dogs taste" ?
The flavor of dog is somewhere between pork and chicken. It was quite good and was served with a citrus sweet and sour sauce. I will say that those were not fighting pit bulls, but a little Filipino dog raised just for eating.
I beg to differ. I think pit bull tastes a little bit more like baby seal mixed with a spotted owl. It still doesn't compare to thebreast off a California condor. That is a real treat !
Old 08-24-2007, 06:46 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mcraddock

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

I beg to differ. I think pit bull tastes a little bit more like baby seal mixed with a spotted owl. It still doesn't compare to thebreast off a California condor. That is a real treat !
BigTiny I was expecting you to end that in a little hooch in Korea, not in the Philippines. With the training regiment the pitbulls are putthrough I don't think they'd be quite as sweet and tender.

mcraddock, I don't know much about the spotted owl so?? I thought they only clubbed the baby seals to death for their skins, didn't realize they made use of everything so that's good to hear, just wish they'd come up with another way of killing them. As for the condor, I'd think that after the Govt. put so much time and money into capturing/raising/and then reintroducing them into the wild out there that they'd be protected. Wasyour dinning experience early 80's before the program was approved or recently?