HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Buck Jam - I'm sold (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/202645-buck-jam-im-sold.html)

deadstick 08-17-2007 10:23 AM

Buck Jam - I'm sold

I used some of this stuff for the first time this past week and saw a good increase in the number of deer visiting my game cam site. Another site with Deer Co-Cain didn't fair nearly as well. Not exactly a scientific study, but just letting you guys know that I think this stuff works (and it's cheap, I got it for $8 a gallon at a local store here in ND).

I'm not saying that it lured them into this area of the country, but it did get them to take the trail I wanted them to in this little patch of woods, and to stop in front of the cam for a picture. Here's an example pic, right in that little ravine is where I poured the stuff.

deadstick 08-17-2007 10:25 AM

RE: Buck Jam - I'm sold

Another one

englum_06 08-17-2007 11:08 AM

I agree with ya! Pretty soon you'll have a hole about 18 inches deep and about 4 or 5 feet around. Thats what the spot where we poured our Buck Jam looks like. Pretty neat stuff.

DoctorDeath 08-17-2007 03:32 PM

TRY CORN SOAKED WITH APPLE CYDER ....

dd

robdre56 08-17-2007 05:47 PM

better yet shelled corn with buck jam poured on top they will eat that and then the grasss then the dirt and has anyone hunted whitetails in china? soon enough they just might be there jk but yea i love that stuff

RDHunter 08-18-2007 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: robdre56

better yet shelled corn with buck jam poured on top they will eat that and then the grasss then the dirt and has anyone hunted whitetails in china? soon enough they just might be there jk but yea i love that stuff
About a month ago I picked a spot near a major travel route and poured a 1/2 gallon of this stuff just to see if it would work .
Went back out five days after and sure enough they had hit and pawed the spot pretty hard .
I poured the rest of this stuff out and added some shelled corn , a week later not only was everything gone but the depression in the ground was deeper and wider.
I went out there this last Friday and added a acorn flavored mineral block and poured another gallon of Buck Jam on top of that then added some more shelled corn.
Can't wait to go back in about five days and see the result's , I'll take my digital camera with meand take a photo to show you guys.
This Buck Jam stuff does work but in order for the deer to keep coming back , it would be a good idea to replenish it from time to time.

BowKnutt 08-18-2007 09:36 AM

Which one did ya'll use--apple or acorn??
No apple trees in the south--Thinking about trying the honey acorn though!!

matt1214 08-18-2007 11:58 AM

can you get it at bass pro?

bigtim6656 08-18-2007 12:54 PM

i use some of the buck jam a few years ago in ky i put some of it on a stump and around it where there was little to no deer and two days later there was a 6 to 8 inch deep hole one of the few things i have used that works keep useing it

bigtim6656 08-18-2007 12:55 PM

also i bought my first gallon at walmart