Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Jam - I'm sold

Old 08-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Spike

Default RE: Buck Jam - I'm sold

I put some out for the first time on a log on my hunting land. I wish I had before pics to compare to the pics I will have in a few weeks. I really hope this stuff works as well as you all say it does. I bet mixing it with my corn won't hurt my chance though....
Old 08-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love this stuff. I put some out in MO last season and they ate most of the stump that it was on!!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 AM

I just started using it last year. Tried C'Mere Deer on one stand and Buck Jam SweetCorn and Prissimon (SP) on the other two. C'Mere field never saw another deer for the rest of the season. SweetCorn had sign on ground of deer but never caught them. The prissimon had three 8pts. fighting to get to it on the same field evening after evening. Harvested one of them. Unfortunately not the big one. Works Great!!!!!
Eric S Stacy AKA: DeerDope Wide World of Hunting

Old 08-24-2007, 10:08 AM

I had a buddy use some of this mixed with corn prior to bow season and there were a ton of deer in front of the camera every evening. However he quit using it and I started putting out Black Magic, this is what is hot on my hunting land right now. I mix mine with some salt and just pour it out on the ground no need to add water and they usually eat it before it soaks in. I'll take some pics of the salt licks and post em.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

hmmmm... i've never had too much luck with it.. maybe it's just the area...

Old 08-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmmm... i've never had too much luck with it.. maybe it's just the area...
Yeah....alot has to do with the area. I know that on my grandfathers land that C'Mere Deer works pretty well, and not the Buck Jam, but it is the opposite at my cousins land. I think that different herds have different taste!
Old 08-24-2007, 08:26 PM

sounds like a good investment. adding some corn might not be bad considering im hunting over a cornfield.

does corn still on the cob work or does it have to be chucked.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Does the peanut butter jam work,I bought one jug from the fall for$1.50 from meijers,never heard of anyone using peanut butter for deer we were going to put it out for the critters
Old 08-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

I've used peanut bucker too and they drug the bucket out to the middle of the field and chewed the lid off

Old 08-25-2007, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

this was buck jam salty sweet peanut butter flavor,just wondering how it worked with deer,I'll take my own lid off

Quick Reply: Buck Jam - I'm sold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.