Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

getting a deer

Old 01-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default getting a deer

has anyone ever had a season when they dont get any deer?
Old 01-03-2003, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: getting a deer

So far,I'm in that category.Tomorrow will be the last day for me to deer hunt this year and haven't tagged one yet.I had a few opportunities,but just didn't see anything I wanted to take-except the big 8pt I missed during rifle season this year.Oh well,I guess that's why they call it hunting.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

This year was my 9th season deer hunting. Three years I was able to take 2 in a season. Five years I only got 1 deer and I got skunked one year. For me, location has been a problem. The first 7 years I hunted land that was far from being overrun with deer.On that lease you were lucky to see 2-3 deer in a 4 month season. Last year I got a new lease and see deer fairly regular. This year I could have killed at least 5 but chose to take only 2.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

This year was my 9th season deer hunting. Three years I was able to take 2 in a season. Five years I only got 1 deer and I got skunked one year. For me, location has been a problem. The first 7 years I hunted land that was far from being overrun with deer.On that lease you were lucky to see 2-3 deer in a 4 month season. Last year I got a new lease and see deer fairly regular. This year I could have killed at least 5 but chose to take only 2.
Old 01-04-2003, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been hunting on and off for about 20 years. When I first started I went for a long stretch without getting anything. Every year I would try a new location. I finaly came across a section of land that I thought would be good for hunting. Got permission to hunt and for a period of six years would get a buck every year. The land I hunted on was sold to hunters. Now I hunt in a new area. I haven't been as successful as before and this year I had a shot at a buck first thing opening day and missed. At the end of the season I ended up with a doe. I just bought a new rifle so I'm not quiting now.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:04 PM

i ahvent had that happen to me yet.. i have been hunting for 4 years now ( from 12-15) and i have gotten 8 deer in that period.. hope it dont happen to me

If its Brown its Down,
If it Flies it Dies!

http://community.webshots.com/user/jimmymo32
Old 01-04-2003, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have always been lucky so far I have taken at least one buck every year since I started hunting. I don't always fill all the tags I get but only because I have enough in the freezer .
Old 01-04-2003, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

last year....but i shot 3!...long story..i will make it short...my scope was broke and i had no idea and the bullets i was using werent worth a dime 2 i hit and one was a clean miss as far as i know...i bought a new scope this summer and made up for last year and killed 2 this year...now im still 4 deer for my 4 years of hunting....last year my dad got one to make up for me not getting one though so we had some venison...

Old 01-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

ive been hunting for 7 years 7-13 and ive taken 2 does and a button buck havent taken a good buck yet where i hunt you can only shoot 6 point or bigger and i all ways seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

100%REDNECK